2nd monitor detect at install but not on reboot

Hello All,

New user to the forums and new user to Zorin 16. i like it alot but what i do not like is losing my 2nd monitor. I had Zorin show up with both monitors on the install but after reboot it came up with one only. I read in some previous rorums posts that you might need some data from my terminal so here it is below.

I am using a Quad Core I7 machine with a SSD and a Hardrive in it. The first monitor (working) is DVI Acer monitor and the 2nd one is (non Working) is Acer but a Analog (paraell analog)

here is info from Terminal
drezin@PowerSSD:~$ uname -r
5.13.0-41-generic
drezin@PowerSSD:~$ sudo lshw -c video
[sudo] password for drezin:
*-display UNCLAIMED
description: VGA compatible controller
product: GM107 [GeForce GTX 750]
vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
version: a2
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0
resources: memory:f6000000-f6ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

Any Help is greatly Apreciated.

Thanks

drezin

I had run into a similar issue using Nvidia. It has to do with how Nvidia handles splitting between different connections. In order to resolve it, I bought two Display Port Cables and hooked both monitors up as Display Port.

My previous setup utilized the cables that I had: HDMI and VGA. Nvidia card did not like that...

Thanks for your help @Aravisian, I just went ahead and bought a new monitor. I figured the VGA monitor had to go. Thanks for your help again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.