Add Devices to files

Hello guys,
Is there any extension or any way to add mounted devices to the Nautilus, just like Nemo under/top of the bookmarks ?

1 Like

When you plug a device it will appear on the left vertical panel, then you can right-click it and select Add Bookmark.

1 Like

I guess I didn't ask my question well, I meant the devices under other locations, I have more devices mounted that I can access to them from there.
Actually I have two HDD with three partitions I wanted to show under the bookmarks, bc I am lazy to click more :grin:

1 Like

Well, I suppose there would be an option to add them to bookmarks or something similar, otherwise… drag and drop to desktop? Should create a shortcut on the desktop, so you can really be as lazy as you wish :slightly_smiling_face:. Otherwise, if they appear on Disks you can add Disks shortcut to the desktop or the taskbar and then you access them soon.

1 Like

I am already using this way and I have places extensions, I can't grab a device and add to the Bookmarks, I have them on my desktop too, I want to have them for quick use on the FM sidebar

1 Like

Interesting, I was trying to add a screenshot to the left vertical panel by drag-and-drop and I noticed that it would be apparently possible to add it as bookmark but as soon as I drop on the Add Bookmark rectangle nothing is really created. I noticed that only works for folders instead, so you can create a folder (probably you want to name it Mounted Devices) with all your devices shortcuts that you currently have on the desktop and drag and drop it on the left vertical panel over Add Bookmark rectangle. A way that I use to access my usual files is adding them to Favorites though. In both cases, a folder with your devices shortcuts or devices shortcuts directly on Favorites are good methods for your laziness :rofl:. I point out that the first method is organized (all devices in a clear and specific folder) while the second one is more generic (devices shortcuts mixed with your other favorites), choice is yours.

2 Likes

While browsing settings to help on another post I found out that Zorin Appearance has an option to add mounted devices directly on the desktop, Zorin Appearance > Desktop > check Mounted Devices.

2 Likes

Yes, I know that, also there is a Gnome extension for adding other applications to desktop, but IDK why there isn't such function for Nautilus!

1 Like

I'd need an extension like that since some games that I install haven't the option Add to desktop on their context menu. Who knows from what it depends on to see that option for certain software? Add to favorites is always available but I don't want to fill my taskbar with games icons, I do it to my desktop :crazy_face::rofl:.

Yeah, I know about this method but I'd need to find an example to follow for any situation I may have with an .exe, despite recently I stopped using .exes since I'm busy with snaps, flats and GitHub packages. There was an example here on Zorin Forum, I'll search it. But I meant that there's no Add to desktop option for certain games that I download from Software Center, not .exes. They only allow adding themselves as favorites but not to desktop. Does this depend on a specific game configuration? The developers didn't add it?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.