Adding new background images

I opened a picture from my own collection and used the context menu to set as wallpaper. When I did that the wallpaper folder was automatically created and from there I can use add picture in background settings to use when I want.

Example: I just set the owl picture as wallpaper from my collection and it now appears in the wallpapers folder.

3 Likes

Got it,
I know why I couldn't do this. I use Dolphin.
Yes your right, using the standard file manager from Zorin, it can be done.

Well there are more roads leading to backgrounds for change. Hope Mongoose, reads them.

1 Like

He is currently busy chasing after Umlaut :wink:

1 Like

Just installed Solus Plasma on my older Laptop so I'm learning my way around KDE . :smiley:

1 Like

I like the Budgie DE your using on Zorin. It has a very clean and sleek look. But I guess that's a different laptop/pc.

I'm on my desktop. Zorin 16 Gnome/Budgie. Budgie is gnome based , they play nice together. **budgie-desktop** not the Ubuntu DE or budgie-desktop-environment.

I have only tried KDE on Zorin but didn't like it.
Is that the reason why Budgie is working for you, because it is gnome based?

Yes, they also share the file same file manager I had to install the budgie extras and applets from synaptic. I just select the session I want to use during login.

1 Like

I use Nemo, about the only program I run with sudo on occasion (when I don't use the right click option). I have not experienced any issues. Every other app, for the most part, that requires root access, requests it. I would be cautious about this though. You don't want to run programs in sudo just to make them work correctly. If you must do this, remove the snap or flatpak version and find installation instructions using apt or .deb files.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.