After update i have that

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
[sudo] hasło użytkownika bourne:
Czytanie list pakietów... Gotowe
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock. It is held by process 5294 (packagekitd)
N: Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and may break your system.
E: Nie udało się zablokować katalogu /var/lib/apt/lists/
(Cannot block a catalog) /var/...
I am confuse - kernel back from 5.11.0-43 to 5.11.0-41

Cannot download some files index. they are ignored or used older version (translate under from polish)
Nie udało się pobrać https://deb.etcher.io/dists/stable/InRelease 502 Bad Gateway [IP: 52.39.229.247 443]
W: Nie udało się pobrać niektórych plików indeksu, zostały one zignorowane lub użyto ich starszej wersji.
Today also saw it updates to new kernel and uninstall old kernel. Something changes. Remove old packages or something else with older to newer. Something virtual box also. Very weird.

1 Like

Maybe it is also better to translate the Polish words to English. :slight_smile:

I have translated in (...)
Cannot download some files index. they are ignored or used older version (translate under from polish)
Nie udało się pobrać https://deb.etcher.io/dists/stable/InRelease 502 Bad Gateway [IP: 52.39.229.247 443]
W: Nie udało się pobrać niektórych plików indeksu, zostały one zignorowane lub użyto ich starszej wersji.
This is translated. Where you missing part text from polish isn't translated?

software & updates
Other Software tab
Select the etcher.io repository
Click remove on the bottom toolbar.

You may want to search the web for a Focal Repository Release for etcher.io

I wondering i must go to file where are repositiories and remove that.

You would need to elevate to root then navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and search in that directory for the etcher.io file.

1 Like

/etc/apt/sources.list this is corrrect.

This file should only contain your default sources, such as the Zorin Repositories.
Unless you edited that file to manually add the etcher.io repository... It wouldn't be placed there by the system.
Instead, it would have its own file placed in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory.
For example, if you used sudo add-apt-repository command.

This is empty.

Because you opened it as a Text Editor in your terminal.
Try:

ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d

yes there exist balena-etcher.list and is empty. Then I must remove a file with this name.

1 Like

Yes, you can do

rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/balena-etcher.list

if you want to stay in terminal.

Still exist.

sudo -i

nautilus

navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/balena-etcher.list

Right click on balena-etcher.list and from the menu, choose "Send to Trash" or "delete"

With root it deleted your command rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/balena-etcher.list

sudo apt update

and check that all is clear

Yes. That is clear now without problem. Now i know how remove broken repositories.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.