Another Zorin 15 > Zorin 16 Upgrade Question

Hello.
I purchased Zorin 15 Ultimate due to a reccomendation from another user on the 12th July 2021.
Unbeknown to me Zorin 16 Pro was only a month away, otherwise I would of waited due it being a major version upgrade.
I would like to upgrade to 16 Pro asap since my installation is still more or less untouched.
Since I only purchased a few weeks ago I am of course interested in taking advantage of the discounted price that has been mentioned previously.
Loving the OS guys, good stuff. I look forward to your reply.....!

1 Like

Please use the contact form provided in your copy of Zorin OS 15 Ultimate to contact the Zorin Group and make note of the Date. They are handling many requests so please be patient.

Sorry, where is this form?

You should have a copy in your Ultimate Download email from Zorin OS. Otherwise, please use this here:

1 Like

Excellent, thank you. I look forward to the reply.

Where is the seamless upgrade path for Zorin 15 to 16 that has been mentioned by the Zorin team over the last two or so years? The Ubuntu version Zorin 15 is based on is no longer supported.

It will be receiving security updates until 2028. There is absolutely no harm using it

The upgrade option will be released with Zorin 17. Unfortunately it has taken this long for its arrival, but it is supposed to be able to upgrade both 15 and 16 to 17.

As with anything else Zorin, it has gone through rigorous testing, to find and remove the majority of bugs you would not want to encounter since it would most likely end in data loss.

I'm glad they are ensuring that we don't have to experience such issues!

That will be good going from 15 to 17, which is my plan for our old but trusty Zorin laptop.

Hi Rolltide101x,

I wasn't aware that Zorin provides extended support for 18.04 LTS until the EOL in April 2028. Is this officially published on the Zorin site?

That said, it is pretty poor showing not to have released the direct upgrade option that the Zorin team has mentioned numerous times and have confirmed was in testing in 2022/2023, only to decide not to release this until Zorin 17 without even any official announcement.

I guess some of us that have been with ZorinOS for some years, have become used to the brothers quietly getting on with development without announcement or fanfare.
I guess they prefer the phrase "actions speak louder than words".