Anti-virus?

Ah, thanks for this correction!
I did not know that since I have not used a Free version for quite a while.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Villains of the computing world

Coming from the beginning of the floppy virus spreading era and Norton (early 90's). I have seen my fair share of enterprise installations of all the categorical AV products. McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, Sunbelt Viper, Webroot, Eset, MS Windows Defender. McAfee is for one not holding up to anything as well as Norton or Viper, Recently Webroot used to work great against Crypto variants but still was left holding the bag. Most of my enterprise clients use Eset. I have had it in the home as well as the workplace and seen 10's of thousands of installations. Malware infections maybe once in a while. But it kill virii in it tracks. You be the judge this Youtube channel beats the ever living p*ss out of all the AV software out there. ESET Internet Security 2020 Review | Test vs Malware - YouTube Don't forget Norton also bought Avast a few weeks ago.. Welcome to Norton and them buying software to BLOAT it up with more BS. Any way you can get a 30 day free trial of Eset and test for yourself. That's my 2 cents.
Sparkey70

3 Likes

I using only eset from 2003

As much as I would like to use ESET, that is not an option anymore. ESET has discontinued APP and support for Linux. And so has most all of the commercial Anti-virus entities. This all happened of course just before Windows11 release, which is why I smell a rotten conspiracy.

We all know Windows soaks up all the delicious marketshare. Most corporations go where the money is, and so does most humans. I tell ya, if there was a lot of money to be made in Linux, companies would be writing lots of software for Linux.

It is just a war if someone don't see that. Cannot support free without a value a money. Corporation can buying with corruption what is a normal issue to slowdown Linux. The problem what they created and want create buying only processors and another things what will be cooperate with Micro$oft don't share any code and not support all old machines - what linux is a Lifebuoy and because linux is more safety and don't take control your life like a M$.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.