Any news about Zorin 16.2?

The Bingo point next 2 years. If nothing happens then we can writing a noise or rumors. :slight_smile:

Is there any way to contact the developers for clarifications?

They have a twitter page, aside from this forum.
There is, of course, this forum.
You can also file bug reports directly from Launchpad or Github.

Point releases often do not have a consolidated changelog since all upgrades leading up to it contain the same changelogs anyway.
Point releases generally are more like milestones of Bug Fixes. They very rarely offer new features or highly anticipated software changes.

My one bug seems to be gone, the "Authentication Required" box disappearing.

But then, I thought that before.

I thought it was because I installed Tiling Assistant extension. Maybe it was.

and go down.

Here you can check a source code.

The most new updates are for gnome desktop.

The updated 16.2 is for all versions Zorin i mean lite,pro,core and education?

1 Like

Yes, all editions of Zorin receive the Point release upgrade.

I updated today and yes it have 16.2 but when i have cinnamon it is more compatible with xfce but propoably not with gnome.

We will continue to support Zorin OS 16 with software updates until at least April 2025, and you will be able to download and use Zorin OS 16 Pro for life.
The last sentence is very interesting "for life" like a forever that my translator.
Here I am confuse.Can I upgrade directly from Zorin OS Core to Pro without re-installing the operating system?
We're planning to introduce an easy direct upgrade method from Zorin OS Core to Pro within the next few weeks. That way, you'll be able to upgrade while keeping your files, apps, and settings. If you want to be the first to know when it's ready.

For Life usually means for the Lifetime of the product.
Many people think that their download of Zorin OS Pro is a one-time download. This statement clarifies that they can download and use Zorin OS 16 Pro for the entire lifetime of the product.

There is no method by which a user can upgrade directly to Pro at this time.
It may be possible in the future, though.

1 Like

Thank you @Aravisian for full explanation. You are patient and always answear with all details.

Finally :slight_smile:

ISO files were uploaded also :

4 Likes

...and appropriate SHA256 checksums for 16.2 editions and 15.3 32bit editions.
These are essential for users downloading from scratch and (not getting 16.2 via point update), to check and

confirm downloaded .iso is not bad or corrupted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.