Apps fail or slow to open

I will create a new USB after re-formatting it and will give 'Lite' a go. It seems strange but the 'Files' app seems to be the worst of all apps. Failing to open or opening delayed with multiple versions after being clicked various times. I hope Lite works as I am getting tired of this distro hopping and just want set up/configured and then move forward. Thanks

3 Likes

Try KDE Neon after you try Lite

1 Like

I am trying Zorin Pro Lite and have what I feel is a dumb question but can't seem to figure it out. I installed Zorin Pro Lite and am doing configurations. I can not figure out how to make an app a favorite so it saves to my tray at the bottom of the screen. Regular Zorin I just need to hold the cursor on the icon and then select Favorite but on Lite nothing comes up to select? What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Launch it -> right click while it is open on the panel -> left click “pin to dock”

I have clicked on all sides of my touch pad and nothing comes up to select.

In the linked pic, the settings are open and have a gear icon showing in the tray. Right click that icon (which corresponds to your application that is already launched and an active window)

https://forum.zorin.com/uploads/default/original/2X/8/88021746ea0e62930ebe22f2f4db7f41e88d8d70.jpeg

I have done this over and over and nothing pops up with any selections. I even tried the old windows trick of rebooting. I tried multiple apps. I opened them and then clicked on their icon in the try and nothing. When I had Zorin Pro installed it seemed to work just fine but needed to downgrade(?) to lite.

Lite is not a downgrade. Just a different desktop environment (XFCE).
Can you post a screenshot of what you get when you right click the panel (taskbar) icon of any open application?

I opened Qownnotes and hovered on the icon and the little mini view of the larger screen pops up. If I click on the icon the Qownnotes screen minimizes.

I am glad to know Lite is not a downgrade. To me, Lite beer is certainly a downgrade from a real pint. lol

1 Like

So now, instead of left-clicking, you instead right-click on the icon. Any menu?

left, right. top. bottom...all same result, nothing

Can you try with a mouse connected instead of using your touchpad?

I don't have a separate mouse. Also it seemed to work just fine when I was on Pro. I installed Lite on Thurs/Fri this week.

Check this post and the one immediately following it All Settings icon shows Power Manager - #4 by dasjdoom
to see if either of those methods help you create a Favorite.

Unfortunately, I have only learned the method I just walked you through. Maybe these others work for you.

OK thanks, I will look at this in the morning. It is late here. Merry Christmas!

Extending that analogy, Lite should allow your computer to take on more before it falls over :upside_down_face:

Have you gone into Zorin Mouse/Touchpad settings and checked right click function is available and working.

I finally did get the 'pinning' to work. It popped up if I use two fingers vs one on the right side of my touchpad. I knew it was something dumb. The Touchpad tracking and clicking does seem a bit off. I guess i will play with the settings. Another question I have is how to set a password request when starting the machine? When I installed Zorin a remember saying it wasn't required but now I would like to reset that and can't find where.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.