Auto restart when doing work

Ok then, have a good night.
Btw what time is it there?
It's 10:30 am morning here

Come back tomorrow and told me if u have found any solution for those 2 fails.

It's 12 past midnight here.

Ok, tomorrow then

I'm so sorry i had to run earlier.
More Sorry as i have a Asus H87M-Pro motherboard, & just recently built a pc for my father with my (new) spare board :hushed:
As your board is more update than mine, but i still have Asus's UEFI Interface ,,, shhhhhhh ( with BIOS updater)

Again sorry but glad you worked it out :+1:

As i'm not for off bedtime myself, just a few thing's
Your photo for UEFI showed core temp @ 49c. & at the point i assume you hadn't been using the pc, so to say( using the OS) just back/forth/etc,
Also you only had the one RAM card in as well,

• Can you remember how hot it was in the room you have your pc in?

As 49c is a little high, unless your ambient temp is 30+c.
Alo when you cleaned the pc of dust, did you remove the CPU fan?
If so did you renew the thermal paste between the CPU & heat sink?

After replacing the 2nd RAM card in ( if you have 4slot's they should be color coded(mine are yellow & brown))
so with 2 cards you need to install them in slot's 1 & 3,
Sorry i dont have the time to look at the RAM card spec's but they should run together without any issue's ( only/sometimes different manufactured RAM cards may cause issue's.

I'm off to bed,
You could open, " System's Profiler"
This is a great tool, as per pic's run/look at how your system is preforming.

After running Zorin for awhile, run system profiler & look at the CPU temp,

You have bench marks you can run,
Be Ware that you dont move the mouse after clicking a test.

When the test is finished some instantly, you'll see " Done" in the bottom left corner.
Hope all is running well,
Keep us informed.

1 Like

It's fine, @Mr_Magoo helped me out entirely.

At that time the temp was 33+ in my room and at that time i was using my pc like updating, changing etc.

When i cleaned up my pc, i didn't remove the heatsink.

Well my motherboard is B350 f gaming, and i don't think it has any color coding.
So, when i placed those 2 rams i always place them in parallel mean 1,3 or 2,4.

I will do the bench mark.

Yesterday i also did ram check using memtest86 on the current ram that is inserted, and after 4 lap, is showed a "Pass" in a big green letter.
So that current installed ram is fine.

1 Like

Just FYI:
sudo apt install hardinfo

That's the system profiler. Your benchmarks are going to blow away any of the comparison benchmarks, by orders of magnitude.

1 Like

Let's see if the system is picking up the TSC clock later in the boot.

Issue the command:

cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource

You should see:
tsc hpet acpi_pm

If you only see:
hpet acpi_pm

... then we'll have to figure out how to get your Time Stamp Counter (TSC) clock registered as stable.

Some have fixed it by doing:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="tsc=reliable clocksource=tsc splash quiet"

But if it's already listing TSC as the first in the list from that cat command above, then it's using the TSC clock, and you can safely ignore that fail.

1 Like

Let me do it

1 Like

I am getting - tsc hpet acpi_pm

1 Like

Ah, good. Then it's picking up the TSC clock later in the boot, and you're good to go.

2 Likes

Ok, good to hear

1 Like

Now i guess everything is fine!!

1 Like

As this topic will close 3 months after the last reply, then i guess if the restart issue persist(which i believe is not suppose to happen), then i will come here again.
3 months is a long time to test.
What do u say?

1 Like

Yes. There are optimizations you can do (getting rid of the timesync on bootup, getting rid of snap packages and snap, booting to the Zorin OS USB stick and zeroing free space then defragging the drive by moving everything from one drive to another, then back... it'll write everything sequentially on a move), installing the low-latency kernel and enabling NUMA (Non-Uniform Memory Access) and threaded IRQs, offloading RCU (read-copy-update) duties to a single core and making the remaining cores no-tick so the other cores can process data uninterrupted, turning off SMP so the L1 and L2 caches per core are larger and there are more transistors per core so each core can process data quicker, etc.).... but your machine's already plenty fast.

Doing all of the above, I reduced my boot time by half, and the machine is faster.

1 Like

Yea, it is fast.

So will leave it as it is.

And do my stuff and let's see if it happens or not, which i believe will not.

1 Like

Thank u very much for all of your time and help.
It really means a lot to me as a noob.
As programming and all these stuff is not my domain because my job is has nothing to do with these coding stuff, or i should say it is opposite.

I switched to linux because "Privacy", reliablity and stable perfomance, even if the pc gets old.

Thank u very much for all.

1 Like

My job used to be computer repair, network installation and contract programming generating trading indicators for some high-end day traders based upon chaos theory, non-linear equations, and price and order flow derivatives ('speed', 'acceleration', 'jerk', 'snap', 'crackle' and 'pop')... I ran my own shop for years. But when I met my wife, she wanted me to get a "real job" before we got married. So now I'm a mechanical engineer, due to the fact that my first job and formal training is in nuclear engineering and mechanical engineering.

1 Like

You have a great experience on many things.
I work in a food tech company, like import export and others, which is nothing to do with this programming stuff.
It is opposite to my job, right now in a leave for somedays, so came here to fix the restart issue, which was there for past 3-4 months.

1 Like

Okay then, take care.

Untill next time.

1 Like

Wow, that was a marathon thread, but excellent end result. Good work @Mr_Magoo

1 Like