Back to old PC

Yes but we have two type games old and new for new architecture processors and gpu. I don;t believe this all thick laptops with SoC processor are gaming or chromebook.
I bet older laptops with cpu and gpu are better from this new thick SoC.

I wonder if your build of hardware are compatible with each other. like the voltage of each (cpu, ram, motherboard) etc. compatibility with everything.

Poor Bourn's GPU was getting so hot you could fry an egg on it. IMO that is too hot. When his GPU had been getting that hot, it really should have been water cooled. And no, I am not joking either.

Its common practice to water cool high end gaming GPU's that tend to get super hot otherwise, especially though if your going to do overclocking. Well, I think the air cooler was probably not enough to cool the GPU.

And if he didn't have enough case fans inside his case to generate solid airflow, ya, the GPU could have taken a strong thermal hit. And don't forget, its not just the GPU itself that can overheat. The VRM could overheat, your mosfets, capacitors, VRAM.

You just never know unless you were to have the card tested by an electrical engineer who is a wizard with circuits and knows how to use a multi-meter. Truth is, I know my way around a multi-meter, you have to, in order to be a mechanic.

But, I am not an electrical engineer, I don't know all the continuity, resistance, ohms values of all the stuff on the PCB for testing, so thats why I say, tested by an electrical engineer, deffinetly. But most of us, would just toss the GPU and get a new one. I would very strongly caution buying used, because when you buy used, you can buy into other people's problems.

You don't know the history of the GPU, how the previous owner took care of it, or abused it. You don't know if its been zapped by static electricity, you just don't know. And sometimes a GPU can seem perfect fine while rendering 2D. But as soon as you start a 3D process, the computer goes to blue screen. !!!YIKES!!!

1 Like

If its about crashing of games I give a bit example. My spec is 4gb ram intel hd 5500. core i3. When I play games here that is in 3D, it will starts to heat. The game will starts to load slowly. Same with Blender (so goodbye with 3D life journey for a while) and when I try Genshin Impact, my character didnt move. Yes. Games takes a lot of graphics. The more the graphics are, the more the process data etc that the computer is computing in the background. That's why we have now "gaming pc" thing. That this spec is the quality for gaming.

1 Like

Agree. That's why this time, when I buy stuff for upgrading first time, I checked on the sellers review. I don't want second hand thing. It might cause fire all of a sudden. :sweat_smile: but the last thing I would try to replace are those things like GPU. It cost a lot. Its better to buy new one than upgrading if the problem lies with this stuff. (Well at least in my place where I live in)

1 Like

I live inside a Nebula where stars are born, in a shielded space, that protects me from the toxic radiation and gasses. I have a beautiful view, neighbors all around me.

Space Water GIF by Psyklon

Sorry, I was showing off a little bit in my EVA suit.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe I explain about Hot GPU it was on my first a computer when we spoken about hard disk and power supply and then I wrote my first PC have poor chinese power supply new machine from a shop PC - they changed to Chieftec. Here if power supply will be poor then most popular is crashing system on win blue screen dump memory on linux I never have blue screens :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.