Back To WINDOWS!

Neither Gnome 3.38 or Gnome 40 Govern Bluetooth. This is governed by Drivers and / or the Kernel.
Probably Fedora ensured a patched kernel or a later kernel.

3 Likes

The only reason I didn't suspect the kernel was that both POP and Fedora were on 5.13. May be you're right -- I don't know whether that it is Gnome, only that it connects, drops and re-connects on start up. But it works.

1 Like

Bluetooth is governed by the same driver as Internet and Wifi.
Or I should say driver package.

It is frustrating, isn't it?
Troubleshooting all the ones on the forum have been tedious, lately... to say the least...

2 Likes

Then what i understand diffrents distribution working or not working with diffrents laptops or pc?

1 Like

i tried both kdenlive and shotcut and i prefer kdenlive

1 Like

I am not surprised, Kdenlive has more functionality, where as Shotcut is more simplified, and has resolution limitations. Kdenlive can work with up to 8K video's I believe, and anything bellow that too, including, even tiny tiny 3GP cell phone files.

Of course, modern cell phones don't really record in 3GP anymore, they usually use MP4 or MOV. But point is, Kdenlive works with many file formats and many resolutions, and provides you a lot of tools for video editing.

It just takes time to learn Kdenlive is all, it can seen dawnting at first, but not nearly as dawnting as Adobe Primere Pro though! And there are always Youtube tutorials on how to do stuff, so that is helpful.

1 Like

i think the max resolution is 4k 60fps idk correctly

1 Like

Yep, looks like you are right. Had a look in Kdenlieve APP, didn't see an 8K setting for rendering, I would have assumed that they would have had support for 8K after the recent update but nope.

Its ok honestly, most people don't even upload their video's to Youtube in 4K let alone 8K. Most still upload in 1080P or less, which I think is kind of weird. Cause I have had a 4K action cam for years now, and I would upload in 4K most of them time.

Anyways, here is the features list for the latest Kdenlive...
https://kdenlive.org/en/features/

The APP is a lot different then it was, so I am going to have to re-learn it a bit before I start being successful with it again. But they brought back the RENDER button again which is great, never understood why they removed it in the first place.

For some reason in the previous update they removed the RED RENDER button, and forced us to have to go to PROJECT in the title bar, in order to click on RENDER, which all that did was add an extra unnecessary step. Glad they fixed that.

1 Like

they have most if not all the tools that i used in premiere, I use rotoscopy a lot and it is very good in kdenlive, Which is pretty impressive for an opensource project

2 Likes

See, now your getting it! Open source is the way to go. There is no GREED getting in the way of perfection. Just pure love from the developers, making a quality piece of software, for everyone to benefit from. That is the way it should be.

2 Likes

very true

1 Like

I try this layout that you configure on fedora, but im lost.

Where did you change the taskbar to this layout?

If something going wrong the best way go back and start again maybe we can find a problem. :slight_smile:

I find the way to change :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.