Backlight Support for 2012 MacBook Pro 15 inch?

I have 3 2012 macbooks running Zorin 16.3 Core. On the two 13 inch ones, everything works fine, but on the 15" (same year, same generation "mid-2012") the brightness keys do not work. Inside /sys/class/backlight/ on the 13", there is "nv_backlight", for the nouveau driver backlight control. Is there some way i can literally just copy or recreate the contents of that directory on the 15" macbook?

I have tried editing /etc/default/grub/, and i have tried switching drivers around. I really want actual backlight control (software workarounds just mess with the color value).

Have you tried OpenRGB? It's the Software store.

I want to actually affect the backlight brightness, for battery and eye strain reasons. I will try that out if i decide to just give up on this though. I just can't understand why it works right out of the box on the 13" ones but not on the 15".

Have you yet tested the grub parameter acpi_backlight=vendor?

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor"

Tap ctrl+o to overwrite, enter to save current configuration, ctrl+x to exit the editor.
Run

sudo update-grub

Reboot and test functionality.

Yeah, I've tried just about everything that comes up from a quick google search for "ZorinOS 2012 macbook no backlight" "ubuntu laptop no backlight" etc.,
No results so far. Someone said

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i915.modeset=1 acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi="

but i think that was specific to different hardware. Nouveau backlight controller should work, it just isn't being applied.