Battery life

Hello everyone, I am new to the Linux world. I have a huge problem with the battery of my computer, I had a lot more autonomy under windows11 ... currently I can not spend more than 1 hour and a half without having to connect my computer, before I could easily reach more than double. Someone could help me.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

There are some threads which might help you solve this issue:

1 Like

Thank you i try that.

2 Likes

I can vouch for using TLP - I'm currently using 'Slimbook Battery' which is a graphical frontend for the TLP tool... currently got predicted 6:34h from 75% battery on a 63Wh battery.

1 Like

Also use a lower refresh rate, lower your brightness and include the indicator-cpufreq system tray to adjust the power use of the cpu which will improve battery life as well:

sudo apt install indicator-cpufreq
3 Likes

Welcome to Zorin OS 16 Kaven! :slightly_smiling_face: Also, I want to thank you for purchasing PRO and thereby supporting the dev's, you are so stellar! :star2:

You have already been given excellent advice to using TLP as the solution for your issue. So I will just welcome you in my customary style. I hope you have a great day, better then the one I am having at least.

1 Like

Hello thanks for the advise . I saw it on youtube and some forum;
sudo apt install tlp tlp-rdw

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.