Bluetooth Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless

Zorin OS 16 does not recognize my Bluetooth headphones Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. A connection cannot be established.

My iphone is recognized and can be paired.

ideas?

Solution is in this GitLab thread:

Blockquote

I was able to connect the headphones by disabling AVRCP by adding --noplugin=avrcp to the bluetoothd command line.

Blockquote

Unfortunately I can't cope with that. Unfortunately, I don't understand what I have to / should / can do specifically to solve the problem.

Can someone explain me step by step what to do?

OK, let's try something else (no guarantees).
sudo into /etc and create a new folder 'pulse off' then move the existing 'pulse' folder into the 'pulse off' folder - this will prevent pulse audio from starting.
Then using Synaptic Package Manager, install all ALSA packages, including QAS files and see if ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) gives any better results.

Attention: Since I use JACK Audio, I installed quite a few things that come from Ubuntu Studio.
Among other things, the real-time kernel.
Please don't ask me exactly how I did it. I found such a guide online.

So could it be that I already have the packages you want to install on it? How could that be checked?

https://frontpagelinux.com/tutorials/easily-install-jack-audio-with-ubuntu-studio-installer/

Okay, I installed the Synaptic package manager and searched for ALSA in it. It looks like there's already a lot installed.

The QAS files are already installed.

What shows up when you run the command:

alsamixer

in a terminal window?

Did another search with more detail on how to edit the AVRCP issue:

Alsamixer v1.1.2
HDA Intel HDMI
Intel Haswell HDMI

Have you tried that AVRCP on line 9 as per that last link I posted?
You will need to do a reboot before any changes take place. Would also try doing:

sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

then reboot.

If I move "pulse" to pulseoff, then there is no sound output at all. So I pushed it back.

The I edited the file /lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service and added --noplugin=avrcp to the end of line 9.
System restarted. No change: "Pairing Failed".

:frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.