Blurred Taskbar?

Hey,

How can we get a blurred taskbar? ...It's is SO elegant and sleek to have something like Windows 11. I believe that Zorin really deserves this feature built-in.

But for now, is there a good way to have it blurred??

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Salah. I hope that you will continue to participate going forward.

I'm not clear about what you mean by "a blurred taskbar", but I am going to assume that you mean something like this, which is a screen cut of part of my Windows 11 desktop:

If that is what you mean, the "blur" is actually a transparency setting. To adjust Taskbar transparency in Zorin 16 Core:

(1) Right-click on the Taskbar;
(2) From the menu that opens, select "Taskbar Settings";
(3) From the menu that opens ("Zorin Taskbar"), select the "Style" tab;
(4) On the "Style" menu, turn "Override panel theme background opacity" to "On";
(5) Adjust "Panel background opacity (%)" to your liking.

If you are thinking of something else when you refer to "blurred taskbar", let us know and we will try to help.

2 Likes

Hi tomscharbach,

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I mean exactly this :slight_smile:

I did it with this extension:
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/3193/blur-my-shell/
But it's buggy! So I'm looking for a way to do it properly with no issues.

1 Like

You could try turning off the Gnome extension and adjusting the in-built Taskbar transparency using Zorin 16 (see above) rather than Gnome Extensions.

From Zorin:

The Zorin OS 16 desktop is now more customizable than ever, thanks to new settings for the taskbar and panel. Simply right-click on the taskbar to access the Taskbar Settings, where you can now:

• Move the panel to the left or right side of the screen, in addition to the top and bottom
  • Set the panel’s transparency and size
  • Display the panel on multiple monitors
  • Show/hide and move the panel’s buttons and indicators
  • Choose to only display taskbar icons for apps running on the current workspace or monitor
  • Change the behavior when clicking or scrolling on app icons in the taskbar
  • Show/hide window previews and tooltips when hovering over taskbar app icons
  • Automatically show/hide the panel intelligently

I've been using the in-built transparency settings for months and no bugs. I use the Windows 11 background on both Windows 11 and Zorin 16 Core, and the two look identical when the Zorin Taskbar is set to about 65%-70% opacity.

It might be that Gnome Extensions' transparency is buggy because it is in conflict with Zorin 16's in-built transparency. I've never used Gnome Extensions, so I don't have an opinion about that issue.

1 Like