Boot time Zorin OS vs Pop! OS

ok then kontakt60 spray.

My computer is like a David Copperfield. Never know exactly what problems exist in my PC and linux. This is like a training but could be a hard training but if you fixed or working then you hava a banana mouth.
Screenshot_2

I don't know teh formulation of that "Kontakt 60" product.
It looks expensive compared to IPA:

I would use a cotton bud dipped in some IPA to remove debris from an edge connector. A small paint brush could be used with IPA on a chip carrier.
Do not use any product that will deposit a film or residue.

1 Like

Then one what I understand many code from linux many users testing and put information what working and what problems we have with some peripherals device, laptops etc.

BIOS provides VESA graphics support but this is low resolution. When an OS loads it switches to User-space Mode Setting to provide better graphics. (UMS) But 10 years ago it was decided that Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) was preferable to UMS. It took a lot of work to do but but all modern hardware (like Nvidia and AMD/ATI cards) now support ONLY KMS. An older machine can still do UMS but only with legacy drivers. This is what I discovered.
It could be answear about "black screen".

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI2ODA

After changing something in terminal with xandr need recovery POP.

WD40 is petroleum based, it is not meant for electronics, it will eat the components. I use a product called Deoxit for cleaning electronics.

Also, you know I love cats, even ones with silly human mouth faces gets a laugh out of me with all that fur sticking out lol! :cat2:

@StarTreker, Today i installed Pop! OS 21.04 on the same drive as where Zorin was installed on. I can tell you that Zorin is the problem with booting. Pop! OS boots as fast as on the external drive.

Again...using the same SSD (Western Digital Blue 1TB) as where zorin WAS installed on.

@Michel @StarTreker MxLinux also very fast. Will be testing on some days.

I am glad that POP OS is finally getting credit from someone for something, faster boot times. If POP OS runs smoothly for you Michel, then it will be time to customize it.

You can get themes for it from Gnome-Look.

And Bourne, I'll be a bit surprised if you don't hate MX Linux just for the layout alone. But maybe you will like that sort of thing. I've seen screenshots of MX-Linux, and I am not impressed lol.

POP OS is very popular. :slight_smile:
on raspberry pi 4 also pop os.

1 Like

Yup, i read that too today about the raspberry pi. @StarTreker was right that pop os is good for gaming. I love that distro.

1 Like

Yes. I saw that this is like "empty linux" - configurable - like "a man without a clothes example android"?
Do you want sayed to me i must tried POP OS?
Linus Tech Tips also recommended POP OS.
If they are focus on distribution what they are created then it could be mostly stable and security linux from all distributions.

Pop OS has a nice upgrade feature. So in fact if you install pop you dont have to reinstall anymore. So in fact you have a sort LTS because of that

1 Like

Yep, one of the largest benefits to using POP OS, is its easy upgrade feature, and the fact it comes with the OS recovery partition, in which you can update several times a month infact. But since the recovery partition is over 2GB worth, I recommend going easy on your data bandwidth and just running that once or twice a month.

Startreker

yoda
Your Tech Support Guru

There is a big difference between Rolling Distro and LTS distro.
LTS provides well tested stability. Rolling... Does not. Rolling will show you the Latest builds... and cause a lot of headaches.
Rolling Distros are great for people that enjoy reporting bugs and helping developers identify problems. Not so great for users that expect to boot up their machine and get to work without distracting problems.

1 Like

POP OS is like a sin don't get him on PC?

What?

What is so sinful about POP OS?

POP OS is literally one of the best Linux distro's in the freaking world right now.

I consider POP OS just as good as Zorin OS. I don't see how running POP OS is a sin.

But you know what is a sin? Continuing to run Windows 10, or upgrading to Windows 11, when you know full well how evil it is, but continue using Windows anyways. That is a sin.

And no, I won't let you forget it. LOL!

I know the difference, but i only said it is a sort of lts is because it can upgrade without reinstalling. Also a rolling release distro does not mean some things dont work, as i see alot of reports on issues with the zorin os lts. So what is the difference in the end ?

Do you really think Pop! OS made by System76 is going to risk a cráppy os for their machines and not test stuff ? It's a company selling computers, laptops etc.