Broken Flash Drive

Hi everyone,
After I purchased Zorin PRO and downloaded .iso as well as software provided in tutorial for formating Flashdrive, after few tries and many many errors it finally says "Flash Complete" and after that my flash memory stopped working, computer does not recognize it anymore. I tried again with another flash drive and the same, I can't use those sticks anymore, I tried cleaning them trough cmd but nothing helps.

Any suggestions?
I need help with recovering my sticks back as well as installing system after

1 Like

Did you use Balena Etcher?

1 Like

If you used Etcher there has been ISSUES ruining usb drives. Hey for a few bucks you can get a new one and chalk it up to learning experience.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 5-Pack almost 4 bucks ea

1 Like

The command prompt?
Right click on the start menu icon and select "disk management". Do you see your flash drive listed? Windows does not recognise bootable USBs every time. Did you try booting with the flash drive into Zorin OS?

I bought new flash drive and installed succesfully but other 2 flashdrives still broken, gonna try to see trough Disk Manager

3 Likes

Try this method brother @jefe

Even I'm also faced this problem. I have dual booted my laptop. Windows 10 and Zorin. After installing Zorin OS.

I have tried using cmd(DISKPART), but there is no result same problem arises. At last my friend @Tamil only said me this technique.

I Logged on to Windows 10. Download and run poweriso as admin and continue it as TRIAL then go to TOOLS --> Clean USB Drive after that format the PEN DRIVE. Now, the USBs running fine for me. I don't know maybe this will work for him also I'm thinking.

Steps:

• Insert the flash drive into one of the USB ports.
  • After installation, run powerISO as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the powerISO desktop shortcut and click on Run as administrator. A confirmation dialog that says “Do you want this app to make changes to your device” will be displayed. Click Yes to continue.
  • When powerISO is opened, wait for 5 seconds and click on continue unregistered.
  • From the navigation bar, open Tools and click on clean USB drive…

• Select the USB flash drive with the space issues. If the drive is not listed, click on the refresh icon and check the list again

Capture

• Then click on clean USB drive.
  • The cleaning is completed successfully, but at this point, the USB drive will not show its size.
  • To complete the process, right-click on the flash drive from the file explorer and click format.
  • In the file system section, select FAT32, mark quick format and click OK.
  • The flash drive will be formatted successfully and the original drive size will be restored.
2 Likes

Even I'm also used Balena Etcher for flashing Zorin OS.

PNY Poland a company but all production is made in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I'm using this San Disk [ SanDisk is Western Digital's brand for flash memory products, including memory cards and readers, USB flash drives, and solid-state drives. The company was acquired by Western Digital in 2016 ]

I know when I bought some type pendrive from shop someone have problems and someone are good. It could be fabric fail production or over many years using pendrive just dieying like sdcard. Pendrive you can read/write some period time then they just died.

2 Likes

Marked solution. 177

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.