Buy zorin 16 pro what will happen to the 17

Hello everyone,

Question I would like to buy the 16 pro, but I have an question if in the couple months the 17 one coming out I have to buy the 17 pro too ?

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
When you purchase Zorin 16, all point updates (such as 16.1, 16.2, etc) will be free. But the major version up like Zorin 17 requires a new licence.

4 Likes

Zorin 17 will not be coming out in a couple of months. Zorin 17 would not be released for another year and a half or so.

4 Likes

Since Zorin is based on the stable version of Ubuntu, major new release comes out every 2 years.

thank you

1 Like

Hmm I understand thank you

1 Like

beep beep... Я робот

marked thread as solved
gave myself :ballot_box_with_check: :stuck_out_tongue:

mission completed

beep beep.....

3 Likes

Hey there,

Ubuntu 22.04 is about to be released in around two months. Are there any chances that there will be a Zorin 16.1 version based on it?

No, Zorin OS 16 Point releases will follow the same base as the current Zorin OS 16.
Zorin OS 17 may be based on Ubuntu 22.04.

1 Like

Typo? Think you meant 22.04 not 20.04 which is Z16.

No... Alternate Universe...

Edited in your Universes nomenclature.

Or from what I have just read. Eyes kept open with matchsticks. Get some sleep!

I recall some really good Donald Duck toons of his struggles with sleep.... One where he ended up camping... Another due to a leaky faucet... And another with a demonic mattress with springs from hell..

1 Like

Nightmares are not just for ducks.

Believe me... You get used to it...

Hi everyone!

The biggest gripe for me is not the price (yeah, I pay in euros).
What really gets my goat is the lack of an in-line upgrade (at this point in time).

I happily pay for 17 Pro to support the devs when it is released, but having to do a reinstall......

Now, that annoys me %&#, pardon my French.

Cheers,
G

It will be about another two years before 17 is released. Now that all of the versions of 16 are released, the devs will be focusing on direct upgrades as well as 17 and what they add in the manner of features.

If you back up your home folder (where the majority of your configuration settings and customizations are stored) it will be a matter of os, reinstall software (since the new version will be a different repo) and restore the home folder. This takes maybe forty five minutes and is not as much a pain as you think.

This is all a while away. The forum will still be here then in case you need assistance. And you don't know if the upgrade feature will be available... the devs have heard people requesting this. We will have to wait and see if they are able to provide it and how well it works.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah, the backup, reinstall, restore path is always an option.

I just hope that the devs, when 17 arrives have a solution for "pop in the ISO, hit upgrade, have a coffee!" :smile: ...I'm lazy!

Regards,
G

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.