Can I upgrade from Zorin OS Lite to Zorin OS Core?

ok but the software? i need to install only ubuntu-desktop and dependencies?

What you are doing is looking to install the Desktop Environment and dependencies, yes.

It’s a bit like driving somewhere on the freeway without a map… You kind of get to where you are going by following the road signs. :wink:

Once you have gnome successfully installed, you can start installing the extras like gnome extensions.

My fault: When I made the above post that it was Possible to do, I did not really set up a guide in that post as I assumed you would ask questions before diving right in. You caught me a bit by surprise. But I appreciate your enthusiasm as diving fearlessly right is is exactly what I Would Do. :smiley:

1 Like

ok but it says to fix broken install. lemme autoremove.

Uhh, yeah I am like that. My friends call me "The Rectifier" for that.

It really is a great way to learn, explore and really get the OS and system figured out. Even if we crash and burn a few times.

Um, also search for “zorin-os-desktop” and “zorin-os-core”

There are no broken packages and synaptic says it wtf -_-

In synaptic, on the lower left side, you should see “Custom Filters” click that, then click “Broken” and see if anything shows up.

What is your age if you dont mind…

11 years old.

I’m kidding, I am 40 years old.

ubuntu-desktop IS BROKEN!?!?!

hehe stop trolls

The package lists as broken in the installer if it failed to install is all that means. Just select it for complete removal, then click apply.

it just says unmark

Then do that.
Then click apply.

and apt is

$ sudo apt remove ubuntu-desktop
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package 'ubuntu-desktop' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

why. why. WHY TF IT IS NOT INSTALLING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@Aravisian You are actually more better than my relatives.

Ok slow down and back up a little bit - Try to make informative posts that relay what you are seeing. Please remember that we cannot see your screen or know what is going on at your end.
What happened when you tried to unmark the package in Synaptic, then click “apply” on the top toolbar?

nothing. it just DISSAPEARED

and I messed up eh? Still it is happening.