Cannot install or unistall applications (i beat you to solve this problem is impossible)

try removing each

sudo apt remove --purge codeblocks-wxcontrib-headers

sudo apt remove --purge codeblocks-wxcontrib-dev

sudo apt remove --purge codeblocks-libwxcontrib0

sudo apt remove --purge codeblocks-headers

The Title edit got a laugh out of me.
But I also accept the challenge. We can beat this. that lock in /var/lib is being stubborn but if it comes down to it- We can manually remove that lock if needs be. I prefer to not go right to that yet, though. it's better to let dpkg manage the package than to Force the package.

But if the above removals don't work, you may try Force Install with

sudo apt install -f

If THAT fails, we will try removing the lock, then installing synaptic, then using Synaptic to remove the offending Codeblocks package. Which is an iddity on its own as the codeblocks-common package Is In The Repository- I already checked.

tried all 4 it gaves me the same error codeblocks-common need to be reinstalled blah blah blah

Have you yet tried the

sudo apt install -f
command?

yes it gaves me the same error btw i can't install or remove anything

Yes, with a broken held package, nothing can be installed or removed- Normally. However, removal of the Broken package can be done- as long as we ID it.
What command did you FIRST try running to install codeblocks in the first place?
Was it

sudo apt-get install codeblocks

If so, can you try

sudo apt install --reinstall codeblocks

it gaves me the same error so i think i installed it via .deb o .rpm file

And

sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove --reinstreq

does not work?
IF not... let's break some locks.

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

Test that we broke the locks with

sudo apt-get install synaptic

BTW, only .deb files on this distro- APT cannot install .rpm files. Those are for a different package management system.

nothing happend same error, btw i readed online that ubuntu can also install rpm files and i know that zorin is based on ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Literally, this made my jaw drop.
ok...
Choose your method: You can use the GUI approach with terminal command

pkexec nautilus

If using Zorin Core
OR

pkexec thunar

If using Zorin Lite.

Navigate to
/var/cache/apt/archives and search that directory for ANY codeblocks files and remove them.

Then navigate to
/var/lib/dpkg/info
and search for any codeblocks files and remove them, as well.
You already removed the locks
So--- Reboot the puppy to ensure a clean start.
Then try installing Synaptic from terminal after booting up.

" btw i readed online that ubuntu can also install rpm files and i know that zorin is based on ubuntu 18.04 LTS"
Don't know where you read that but... No. It is only possible to install .rpm packages on Ubuntu if you use "alien" to convert the package to a .deb file- but otherwise, .rpm cannot be directly installed on Ubuntu. Or on Zorin.

i tried ur command it gaves me the following error
Unable to init server: Impossible to connect: connection refused

(nautilus:8080): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:58:19.an another number: cannot open display:
p.s i deleted the last number before gtk-WARNING bcs i think thats my ip
p.s (2) oh ok so that was fake

Are you using Zorin Core or Zorin Lite?

idk i think core btw i typed release -a and it gaves me Distributor ID: Zorin Description: Zorin OS 15.3 Release: 15 Codename: bionic

ok im quite sure it is core bcs i got gnome desktop enviorment

I am honestly at a loss. The commands above to resolve the broken package should have worked. I have faced this problem dozens of times and never had such issues.
But Nautilus failing xhost has me baffled.

The GTK warnings can be ignored- they only deal with the Window Skinning. It does not display your IP or anything, but also would not stop Nautlius from running.
What happens if you open “Files” and run Nautilus normally?

bruh yesterday i trayed for over 3 hours i rebooted at least 20 times but nothing i tried to install cerebro yesterday so i think something goes wrong btw it gaves the same error of Gtk-Warning blah blah

Well, at this time, you at least have access to all your files, right? You can access Nautilus normally?
If you have duplicity (It comes with Zorin) and is listed as “Back ups” - If this was me on my computer, I would back up my personal files (save back ups on seprate partition or drive or cloud) and Wipe and reinstall Zorin at this point.

yeah i was thinking to do so but i wil wait for other help thanks for ur patience bro

I understand. But I would encourage you to make back ups while you wait. :wink:

Personally, I just compress my essential files in Home Folder about once a week or so and save it to USB. Then if it comes down to it, I can wipe and reload on short notice without really losing too much.
After working on a project or finishing a project, I back up those folders by simply adding what I completed or created into the compressed files on the USB (Drag and Drop) so everything is pretty backed up, painlessly.

The combo of teh dpkg locks not releasing in spite of us removing the locks, the other commands failing AND the file manager failing to connect all gives me pause for hope, sadly. I will keep an eye on this thread.

yeah i should do the same thing too but i have a lot of files,c++ programs, screenshots and other stuff that togheter it weights at least 40 gigs and i also personalized gnome and i wan’t to do all that things again

Yes, I understand that. That first back up can take a while, though adding new or changes later are fast.
And I personalize my Zorin Desktop- Heavily. Very heavily. I had to develop tricks over time to make reinstalling easier. Including a reinstall checklist of what to adjust, fix, change, modify… turning off overlay scrollbars and what gets exported in ~/.profile… It helps a lot when something puts a reinstall into Looming view.
I hope this side topic helps you in the future, at least. If nothing else, during the time you are waiting, you can make that time useful. And if you must reinstall- Install Synaptic immediately. :wink: That Synaptic broken package fixer would have come in handy.
For me, personally, the dpkg errors are not following what should happen and the Nautilus init error was the deal breaker that made me lose confidence in your current build. Something deeper is affected.