Can't access shared hard drives

I have two external USB hard drives shared from my home router (TP-SHARE). In Ubuntu 22.04, I can access TP-SHARE in Nautilus with no problem (figure 1), but TP-SHARE doesn't even appear in Zorin OS 16.1 Pro (figure 2). Is there a setting or something that I need to turn on or install in Zorin that is automatic in Ubuntu? What am I missing? (I have a gut feeling I going to have a "D'oh!" moment when I learn the answer. lol)

Figure 1 (Nautilus in Ubuntu 22.04)

Figure 2 (Nautilus in Zorin OS 16.1 Pro)

How is it shared?
It's probably to do with SMB versions.
I'm sure V1 is disabled in Zorin but routers sharing is usually v1 based.

To be honest, I'm not sure. When we got a new router from our internet provider, I decided to try plugging the drives into it, and our Windows and Android devices always seemed to show the TP-SHARE without our ever having to do anything, and it was likewise when I switched over to Ubuntu, but in Linux Mint and Zorin, it doesn't show. I'm not sure what you mean by "v1", but is there a way I can enable it in Zorin?

SMB v1 vs v2 and v3.
SMB v1 is not safe as its vulnerable to the Eternalblue exploit.

Thanks for the info. I still haven't figured out the underlying issue, but I logged into Ubuntu temporarily and copied the files I needed to a partition that I can see in Zorin, so my immediate problem is solved. There's a lot more on those drives though, so I still need to figure out why I can't see the TP-SHARE access from the router.

Just a final update: While I'm still not sure why Nautilus displays the router's TP-SHARE automatically in Ubuntu but not in Zorin OS, but I did figure out how to connect to it manually. I just had to enter the local IP address for it in "Connect to Server".

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.