Can't boot Zorin 15.3 from usb

No, but i try typing “mayus 0” but it types / symbol

Shift zero? On my keyboard, the = sign is same key as + sign. ‘0’ contains ‘)’ with shift.

Thats right, shift 0 is equal to “)”. But it remains the same, none key of my keyboard inputs “=” on grub terminal

[Num Lock] not set I hope?

I suspect that this probably has a simpler solution, but given the remote nature of it- I am stumped.

Num Lock set and disabled. Both didnt work

Hope your scroll lock Is off too. Anytime I accidentally turned that on, made my keyboard unusable.

Also, unplug the keyboard and plug it back in again. You never know.

Scroll lock is also off, i highly doubt is a keyboard issue, not to mention that is a ps/2 one

See this: dual boot - GRUB not responding to keyboard - Ask Ubuntu

Keyboard is running ok, i can navigate through all the options and the terminal, but thanks anyway carmar, i appreciate your effort

Searching this new issue, I found these posts:

Which leads to
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Monitor#sendkey_keys

And this one:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-type-equal-sign-at-the-boot-screen.114020/

This user suggests using shift+zero (shft+0)

Well, i finally found the correct key, i wrote those lines above, nothing new by the way, sadly

When shown the busybox error, have you typed

exit

then hit "enter" at that screen? Doing this should cause it to print the errors it encountered.

Errors are the same as the posted in the two first pics above, nothing changed

I would suggest formatting the USB stick completely, and using a Different Etcher to create the bootable medium on the newly formatted USB stick. Going by the /root/etc is a directory, the writing of the ISO may have failed.

Just to be sure, do i format the usb in fat32 or exfat?

I would use EXFAT, because it has support for larger file sizes. And unless your computer is 10-years old or more, EXFAT should work fine.

2 Likes

I tried balenaEtcher a few ago, but it didnt work. Im gonna try with win 10 iso to discard a usb problem

Have you tried Rufus, as well? I never have, I no longer use Windows at all… But I hear it is quite good…
If BalenaEtcher did not work- I think our troubleshooting may be back on the right track.

Rufus was the first option, UnetBootin then and now etcher. None of them worked. I booted with win 10 iso and worked, I dont know whats wrong here