Changing The Cursor in Zorin OS 16

No, not at all. Anyone can change their X11 mouse cursor on any Linux distro. I use many different Mouse Cursor themes that are... Wild... to say the least. One of them is a laser gun that if left alone too long, begins to shoot at any static objects on the desktop.

First, open a terminal with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+t
Paste in or type in:

sudo apt install gnome-tweaks

Once it is complete, you will find the app in your Zorin App menu. Open the menu and type "Tweaks" and it will show up.
Double click to open tweaks and from the options on the left, choose Mouse
On the right pane, you will see the cursor theme option.

2 Likes

This is the issue I’m having. These are the only options I can see in Tweaks:

How did you install gnome-tweaks?

I typed in what you said to. During the process, the Terminal asked me “Do you want to continue? Yes or No [Y/n]”, then I typed Y and it did its thing. After that, I searched up Tweaks and opened it. The same issue happens when I install Gnome tweaks from the Software store as well.

I have never seen gnome-tweak tool look like that...
And you are using a fresh unaltered install of Zorin OS 16?

Yes. Straight from the website.

There should be a side pane.

Temporarily, can you switch your titlebuttons to the Right side instead of left?
Then relaunch Tweaks and see if the left side pane appears.

Just tested it, mine looks like;

Same issue exists still. Do I have to reinstall Zorin or smth?

hit alt+F2 and a pop up window will appear. type into it r, (Just the letter 'r', it stands for restart) and hit the enter key. This will restart gnome shell. Then test gnome tweaks.

Oh! I figured it out! I’ve been having this window issue where large windows would cut off at the left or right side. I just need to make them a little smaller and then make them longer. I never thought it would be the same deal with Gnome Tweaks. I think it’s either my laptop’s screen is too small for Zorin, or it’s a bug with Zorin.

1 Like

That sounds buggy to me... If nothing else, the window should extend off the screen if the screen is smaller than the window.

Yeah. Instead a portion of the window just disappears unless I make the window longer. Anyways, thanks for helping!

"I use many different Mouse Cursor themes that are... Wild... to say the least. One of them is a laser gun that if left alone too long, begins to shoot at any static objects on the desktop."

Are you for real? And I thought I had a nice cursor just cuz it was a sword.

I would be most grateful if you tell me how to get it.

1 Like

Or anything similar

Robotic Defiance supplied by Kuduk aka GrynayS - however, I must supply the original patch that enables the Bored Cursor starts shootin'.

Uninstall before running the command below:
sudo apt remove gnome-tweaks -y

Install using:
sudo apt satisfy gnome-tweaks -y

On my Star Labs machine running Zorin OS, I am running the complete system-wide Star Labs theme, which includes the Star Labs cursor.

And here's my Tweaks...

If you are interested in this theme, you can find my tutorial on how to install it here...

Thank you that worked!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to include my cursor in gnome tweaks?