Climate Change Tangent

I stand corrected. While I cannot verify the creds, it is acceptable to believe that if she were dishonest about that, the PolyTech in Blacksburg would have discredited her, by now.
That said:
http://www.journalof911studies.com/letters/b/scientific-critique-of-judy-woods-paper-star-wars-beam-weapons-by-james-gourley.pdf

http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/200702/Implausibility-Directed-Energy-Beam-Demolish-WTC-by-Gregory-Jenkins.pdf

I recall a known Apollo mission astronaut that claimed he witnessed aliens, once. Even Degreed Scientists can fall prey to human nature.
This is why we adhere to the scientific method and the General Scientific Consensus and not to solo and lone claims that lack support.

I have lived in the same northern city my whole life and I'm old. It has the same lousy climate as when I was a kid. Winters are just as bitter cold and summer just as short. It is wetter lately, and combined with the improving CO2 levels, nature is exploding.

Most people had the sense to move someplace warmer so I guess it's easier to sell them the warming myth. The rich who push the CO2 lie rarely winter over in the North. They're in Cally, the Caribbean or the Med. They only see snow on their ski trips.

Anyway, arguing with a cultist is kinda pointless. They BELIEVE. I put all the facts in my lecture for those who are still open minded. If you don't like my graphs, Goggle your own. They're all about the same.

This is not a Climate Science observation.
You are focusing on very short periods of time in that statement. Whether you notice or pay any attention to Global Averages in your region are not a valid comparison.
Either way, it is easily rebutted even so:
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere and other human activities.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 40 years, with the seven most recent years being the warmest. The years 2016 and 2020 are tied for the warmest year on record. 5

Reading, it goes on with much more about the current state, not the projected, just the current state.
This is data. Your anecdote about not noticing any changes where you may live (Whether there are changes or not) does not measure against the scinetifically gathered data.

The only improvement in Current CO2 levels is that many worlds nations have decreased CO2 production in recent years, while raising GPT.

You can find yourself off the forum if you continue to make personal attacks. This is your Third reminder, now.
This is coming from a Moderator.
Refrain from the personal attacks.

A big part of why this thread even remained was to demonstrate that members can discuss topics civilly. And if you look at Swarfendor and myself - you can see this plainly.
@swarfendor437 and I both go back a couple of years of disagreement on such issues. Even so, we treat each other respectfully and I call myself a friend to Swarf. I respect the person even if I do not agree with all the ideas.
We lack that vitriol and hate often seen on Reddit. It is one of the many reasons that Swarf is greatly valued on this forum, as well as elsewhere. And you can easily find moments on this and the old ZorinGroup Forum where someone dared attack Swarf and had to deal with me as a result.

Lastly:

This is projecting.
I already said above:

I have presented the evidence - evidence supported and peer-reviewed by the vast majority of scientists. So in spite of the projecting performed in the post I quote - Who is really ignoring the evidence?
You have presented here, and on Reddit, quick bites of cherry picked posts and graphs. You select what you want to use to try to support your view while dismissing or rejecting anything that does not.
That is not science.
I have referred to the same graphs you have - not rejected them - and also explained how they fit - which is not dismissal.
Any "open minded" and objective reader can plainly see this.

Why?
I asked this of Citfa, too. Why the claim? What Is The Motive?
Why claim that the climate is changing? What would it do?
The rich actually would not benefit from the claim - in fact it is primarily the rich who resist the evidence of climate change.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/12/09/carbon-footprints-climate-change-rich-one-percent/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/health/rich-people-climate-change-intl/index.html

Where did you earn your Degree, Professor?

Finally...

Climate Change does not mean that the Earth only warms.
Climate change means just as the name says; Change.
Warming trends are followed by sharper cooling trends, annually. The Global Average Rises.

BTW, being old I can tell you all about the history of the anti fossil fuel death-cult and even the year it began. It was 1972, smack in the middle of a global cooling scare.

You are not the only person of age, and I am old, too.
This is a non sequitur.

Ah, but I remember stuff.

Ah, I remember stuff, too. This is still non sequitur.

Please answer this. You claimed yourself a Professor. Please verify this claim.

Please answer this, too.

Back then, nobody talked about energy except when referring to his level of pep and fossil was a word only used to talk about dinosaur bones. Then Israel had a war.

Here also about Climate Change.

When I was younger, I had seen a demonstration of the Jaws of Life by the local Fire department.
A bit later on, I went to the theater and saw a new movie that just came out:
E.T. The Extraterrestrial.
I clearly remember the scene where Elliot was running through some Hazmat Tubs connected to his property, got stuck and they used jaws of life to get him out.
I can even replay this scene in my head.
The only problem is; it is not in the movie.
My mind combined two distinct memories into one memory. This happens, sometimes. Memory... not always perfectly reliable. There are many; a whole phenomenon is referenced on this: The Mandela Effect. We misremember things.
"Play it again, Sam."
"Lucy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

What I have done:
I have asked pointed questions while, step-by-step refuting each point you raised that lacked merit. I have supported each point with Links, references, studies and papers from peer reviewed journals even (Though I realized, many people here probably do not have the active subscriptions that I do with journals).
You have dismissed or moved past points, focusing on One Graph only, or a talking point here or there. You reference primarily Yourself. You call yourself a Professor, but do not verify those credentials.
You have not, at any point, referenced any credible source, any peer-reviewed journal or even, a single Paper on the topic.
With that being unsuccessful... You now present anecdotes.

And you refuse to answer the above questions: What are your credentials and "Why the claim? What is the motive?"
And you have resorted to repeated Ad Hominem attacks.

"Prof" Numlock... I think it is Very clear what has happened, here.

You have lost the debate.

Would you like for this thread to be closed?

So why do I call it the anti fossil fuel death-cult? The world's population has increased 15x since the advent of fossil fuels. Their disappearance would kill billions of people. Many climate cultists are fine with this. Presumably, they are among the "good" people who would be saved.

In spite of repeated warnings of your Ad Hominems...

In the meantime, again, any interested party can easily review the wealth of information available on how back in the 1970's, there were initial fears that the Fossil Fuels were running out. However, new techniques for extraction were developed as well as new oil fields found - ending the Fuel Crisis of the 1970's.

Tabnumlock has expressed frustration:

that the thread is not progressing. He has failed to provide meaningful evidence, citations, references or material other than that which he, himself, promotes under the pseudonym of "Prof" numlock; yet, fails to demonstrate where he is a Professor, much less what degrees he holds to earn that title.

The Science in this thread is covered. Refutations and rebuttals have been made to the pseudo-science and the ATM conspiracy Claims.
Since @TabNumlock ignores repeated warnings to cease the Ad Hom attacks;
Refuses to answer direct questions;
Has failed to provide meaningful independently verifiable evidence:
This is not Reddit.

Thread Closed.

1 Like