Coding .... UGH

Boy does my hat go off to those of you that can code .... I spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to enter 3 lines of code into a game and still couldn't get it right even though I have a copy of what is to be typed into the game ..... unfortunately I can't copy and paste I have to write it out including all the symbols and characters which when trying to read it it make no sense to me so I guess that is why it is so hard .... :tired_face:

Oh well gonna try it again today ..... not gonna give up ..... :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Most languages will complain about spacing. Ensure you are tabbing in bash or python. Four spaces in javascript. Semicolon is necessary in javascript, Java and bash.

1 Like

There are quite a few no code coding, Gdevelop (very good)for building games, thunkable and makedroid for building android apps, all are easy to work with and there not just for kids

1 Like

I hear you. When I first started coding, my biggest problem was making typos (still is lol). Don't give up, coding can be a fun creative outlet. I've been recommending friends consider QB64 for Linux. It's a decent BASIC language that's easy to grasp and learn basic programming with. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

2 Likes

Thanks folks for all the kind words and suggestions ..... I finally got it to install and the game runs a lot smoother now BUT I don't expect I will be doing any serious coding ... like learning the language itself due to my declining memory and retention level .....

I used to be very proud of my memory as it was like a steel trap and nothing escaped it .... now it has become rusty and the springs weak .... no amount of WD-40 can bring it back to it's former glory .... just a fact of life I've had to get used to and except .... :thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.