Conflicts with intel dell all in one

On POP OS 21.04, I have 1-block device on my NVME drive. Its a 4.3GB block with CryptSwap.

CryptSwap refers to an encrypted SWAP partition just so you know, has nothing to do with crypto mining lol.

Additionally, I also agree with Tom. If it were me, regardless if the NVME drive was only 64GB or 2TB, if it was me, I would be installing the OS on the NVME drive.

The reason why you have a larger HDD, is because the manufacture of your computer, is doing the typical thing, of providing extra storage for your computer on the cheap, which is why its an HDD. So the idea is, you put your OS on the NVME, and use the HDD for storage.

If you had a 1TB or larger NVME drive, then I'd recommend installing everything on that, OS, plus your games that you might play. But due to the fact its only a 256GB NVME drive, best to keep that just for the OS, and for quick production work if you do any, like photo/video editing.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I don't have preference for the larger drive just the typical noob thought bigger is better, but thanks for clarifying thats not the case here, I did notice those block drives also appear on my lenovo now as well and that device has only had one intall of zorin 15, then I thought I would see how 16 performed, which seems to be ok, I pefer Z16 as it allows me to install the pop shell for tiling and my proton vpn requires ubuntu 20.4 +

Thats totally understandable. I was watching a video from Gamers Nexus, and he was talking about how even he's getting tired of some of the marketing that has been going. He went on to talk about how marketing, has a tendency to make people think bigger is always better, but that is not always the case.

I think its great that you are learning new things Bobby, knowledge is power my friend, keep learning, your doing great! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.