Dark Mode issues in built in office

as i already said previously changing icon theme and tweaks are just temporary solution I need something PERMANENT and want a update from zorin team.

OK. So you didn't try uninstalling and reinstalling Libreoffice and see if that corrects the issue. Gotcha.

2 Likes

I had the same issue if i remember try it and see
go to tools / options then view then "icon style" i selected: hicontrast
and for font colour go down to application colours in the left and choose the clour to suite you

Well, here's another idea:

LibreOffice 6.4 series does not have the problems described. LibreOffice 6.4.7 is the latest of that series. It does have Tabbed (ribbon) interface.

You can obtain an AppImage from here:
LO 6.4.7 AppImage
It can coexist with the current Zorin version.

3 Likes

@zorink @AZorin

I just tested this in both and had the same result.

I believe that @Storm 's solution here may be helpful:

No It's not.

Hmm...Here's a screenshot that matches post #1 second image that shows what I see (ver. 6.4.7). I don't see the black text problem in 'Recent Documents' and 'File' (post #1 image cuts this off) as in current LO version. What might account for such a difference? The DE? Mine is Gnome (Zorin 16).

1 Like

Topaz, thanks for following up and showing where I was wrong.

They do display differently in several areas. I needed to load up a different dark theme in order to see it (The one I was using is one of my own home-made dark themes). Once I tried Dark Purple, mimicking your screenshot, I saw it.

A different theme. Of course!

I do like Zorin's themes and the Appearance dialog. It's so easy to change the accent color and background. That's not so easy in other distros.

How you fixed this please tell please please please

It's literally a week and Zorin team dont want to see and fix this like then why user will come to zorin user wants fast help and perfect experience in support but it's kinda missing. :cry:

Is it me only or others also want this plaese push an update zorin team i want office it's my main need I have started looking for another linux distro because of office issues in this but the thing stopping me from doing so is the look and feel of zorin os, Please Please zorin team push an update.

Sometimes we have to make tough choices.
Let us know what OS you have chosen. And if the issue happens on
that one or not.

I missed this one... UncleNo.1, have you been searching for the fix online during this week or just waiting for someone here to solve? I see several very nice people have tried to help you. Don't see much thankfulness for their efforts.
But we all show gratitude in different ways.
It'd be funny if uninstalling and reinstalling office fixed the issue.

2 Likes

I didn't choose any! coz no distro is good like zorin but like u can also clearly see that I have mentioned zorin team and literally they dont want to take any action at least they should reply that we are working to fix and because of this only I can easily say zorin os future is not so bright.

I tried all the things here but none of them is end to end fix I mean some are telling to change view that I dont want to do and changing icon is just a timepass still black text is there. :frowning:

This is something I've seen several people guess wrong on. Zorin will be around for a long time. The Zorin team is pretty busy right now (It's only 2 people) so as far as priorities, I would think getting Lite, Education, Grid all figured out and working correctly would be at a much higher level. Your patience will be required. We know it's frustrating, you want it the way you want it. But there are a lot more people waiting on Lite, which they paid for. So please, show some patience.

Can you list all the things you've found during your searches to help fix this issue?

4 Likes

All I can say is that the support here is far better than anything I ever had from Microsoft. It's why I'm happy to buy the Pro version to say thanks.

Switching to a new OS is a big thing. I've run into my own issues, and learnt a lot. I still have a way to go to get things set up how I would like, and in other areas I may have to compromise on my preferences.

But it is important to realise that people here are volunteers, and very kind with their time and experiences. Always be grateful and appreciate that position. There's nothing worse than helping people and then having demands made of you that make you feel unappreciated. So always be polite, and patient, and be as clear as you can about what you have tried, what happened as a result - it all helps others to help you. Best wishes!

5 Likes

Yes you are very true

Yes I will be patient I wont disturb lets see if they fixes it or not in a year.

1 Like