Default sound device

I installed droidcam on zorin os because i hav exams so I nees it. Droidcam added a output and input device. Every time i boot up it selects the droidcam input instead of my laptops speaker. I tried to use pulseaudio control to change the default output devixe but it didn't work, I also tried to run pactl set-default-sink #device name# it didnt work. How to set default sound device like in gnome. In kde its just a setting.

I still can't find out whats wrong : (

Could you tell me what this Droidcam is?
I've never heard of it.

Droidcam is an application which let u use your phone as a Webcam. I don't want to spend money on a ■■■■■■ offbrand camera. This video will might help you understand what it is:Get a Free Webcam In Linux Using Your Phone & DroidCam - YouTube this is how I know how to install droidcam.

oh it censored cr*ppy

Please watch out the language you use in this forum.

We are aiming at Family safe environment and our tolerance level for crude languages is very low.

If you do not feel comfortable, I suggest you to check other Linux forums which have a higher tolerance level than us.

Also please note:
This forum is run by a handful of volunteers and if you do not follow the rule, you will see the consequence in no time, i.e., no one would offer you a help you are seeking for.

2 Likes

Perhaps the developers page has some helpful info:

I had also never heard of droidcam. It looks interesting.

1 Like

It is interesting its very useful because i dont have to buy anything, all my friends got 144p webcams and i get to use the 1080p camera on my phone for free.

2 Likes

So I disabled the audio device that Droidcam created and it worked, this solution is not perfect tho. If I want to use my phone's camera and mic I need to install another application called WoMic it works very well because you can choose which mic of ur phone u want to capture from.

1 Like

But i alr have a mic so I don't need it

1 Like