Deleting Some Software apps in the Software Store

Every now and then I run into an app in the store that will not let me remove it like Gnome Connect .... I'm trying to reduce the number of items that try to get updated and I don't use anyway ....

In the case of Zorn Connect I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to connect sometimes it will and some times it is a PITA ..... and won't connect at all ....

I want to use KDE Connect but I can't because it says "No Device Connected" which is I suspect because Zorin Connect is trying to connect ....

Anyway as I'm using Cinnamon DE I can't find a Cinnamon Connect app or I would use that ....

Any suggestions ?????? .....

Cinnamon users use KDE connect and there are two different KDE Connect applets for the Cinnamon Desktop. Both work and I have used both.
Yes, you are correct that the gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect must be removed completely before you can install and use KDE connect.

So how do I remove Zorin Connect ..... it won't let me delete it in the software store.... it just ignores me ..... :sob:

sudo apt remove --purge gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

1 Like

Tank you sir it is GONE ...... :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

sudo apt install -y kdeconnect

sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.