Discussing themes, Shameless plugs and Wombats

BTW, I just noticed that REPO is under your own username lol. I never knew that you created your own REPO, I don't even know how to do that, not that I would ever need to know, I am not a developer. I assume your REPO has good security on it knowing you lol.

I also really love that you have terminal install ability, the same way I installed my Star Labs theme, super cool! And thanks for explaining the name, I didn't know if it had anything to do with the Predator movie, or what.

BTW, that background, makes me think of the military vessil Silico from Aliens. I assume I nailed that first try, if not, at least I was close for whatever it actually is lol. Things are happening Aravisian...

Yeah, I hired the Pinkertons.

It didn't. But funny enough... looking at the Colors and that the theme elements use translucent appearance like the alien Predator does... It kinda works. But during its making and inception, those movies never once crossed my mind.

It is a black & white photo of a locker room:
https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=689012

I know who the Pinkertons are, I know my history. Back when DeadWood was a camp in the early 1900's, Ellis Alfred Swearingen feared them, probably because of all his illegal dealings lol.

Well, I purchased the drive, the only part I am not looking forward to, is having to unhook everything, and take my computer back apart again, but thats the nature of owning a notebook. I knew I was going to buy a 2nd internal drive eventually.

I think I need to bookmark this thread, cause I will never remember its title once its burried beneath the rock of LV426. I will bookmark it, so when OS 16 LITE finally gets released, I can call on this thread to install the theme.

Would you say this theme is your greatest creation? Cause personally, it kind of feels like it to me. :blush:

Thanks.
I would not say that. I actually have, I think, 27 other themes I have made here that have not been publicly released, yet.

1 Like

BTW Aravisian, I been meaning to tell you, I really love the name you chose for your moon theme Tranquility, which was obviously named after the sea of Tranquility.

One small step for Aravisian, one giant leap for shameless pluggain. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was a little off on my estimate here, wasn't I? :expressionless:

Perhaps, and perhaps it caused me confusion in my little human brain. But, as Scotty once said, if you want to be seen as a miracle worker, never be honest about how long it will really take.

Ahhhh Scotty, that Scottish drinking man, loved him, he was my favorite, funny, wise, and awesome. :grin:

Aravisian, I like this plomp theme, great job with the icons.
I might be wrong, but I also saw this with the prowler icons. Did you deliberately skipped the weather icon?

2 Likes

I included Weather Icon... Apparently... the Icon Name has changed Yet Again...

I will take a look.

I really like the look. Crisp looking. To me looks goldish. I have to say, I personally wouldn't think this color would work, but it looks darn good. Great Job.

1 Like

I agree. This steps outside of my usual in that regard (I dislike the color yellow). But that was part of the motive. If I can make myself like Yellow, I figured I may be doing ok.
I could tolerate this theme for a week, at least. With regular use, anyway.

1 Like

I don't like yellow either. But I admit, yellow is a color on our planet. But if you see yellow with black stripes coming for you, I suggest running.

Its amazing how quickly wasps and hornets can turn against you, one minute your fine, next minute your face is swelling up.

This... this is true, yes. I appreciate your honesty.

I do not have this problem. Wasps, hornets, yellowjackets... Around here they are very docile. I can (and do) walk right up and put my hand on the nest. They will crawl around on my hand.
And bees.
I LOVE BEES.
I can sit and hang out with bees all day long.

3 Likes

Something that I neglected to say with my honesty, is that I agree with Jeff. Even though I hate the color yellow. I must admit, your theme does look good, and I do like the rounded bubbly buttons.

It just goes to show, no matter what style you do Aravisian, you always make beautiful themes. Its just that, some themes are not for everybody. Which is why your making so many I think. You know this already, its a fact.

For example, I was a fan of the Azenis theme for the longest time till I saw Predator. And now, I am like, holy mole guacamole, that is one spicy hot delicious bit of theme right there. I will just have to add that to my system.

Ohhhhhh, which reminds me, I am going to have to add the Predator theme and Prawler icons at some point. I just haven't been in the mood to take a giant leap into theming yet. I kind of had the wind kicked out of me so to speak.

Around here they a very aggressive. And we got those African/Japanese whatever you wanna call them from their origin, killer hornets, also known as Murder Hornets I guess. Oh my gosh, they are so dangerious and so species devestating to the environment, that our own government has been on the war path against them.

Last I heard last summer, they found new nests and were burning them down.

Gotta say,
this one was hard to combine. Guess you picked the right color. Looking for the right gnome-shell was not done, just used predator. Found some icons on gnome-look; Carboniferous-Gold.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip.
I'll see about switching that out.

EDITED IT.

Sweet! I'm foaming at the mouth wanting this....

Don't want be to optimistic about Zorin, Gnome that is, but when you have a good an smooth running OS for me, what's left is theming hoping it won't freeze of course).
And that's what I'm doing. Happy to have Aravisian giving me some homework.

3 Likes

Love your hobby by the way. Would like to join chasing those fairies in that garden of yours. Nice one. Is it a big garden :grin: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I couldn't resist

2 Likes