Discussing creations and concepts

No, not at all.
He is using a distro based on "Jammy" Ubuntu *22.04.
I have only uploaded my themes into the repository as high as "Hirsute" Ubuntu 21.04

But this is possible creating in Zorin. Remove Gnome to install your themes with xfce or ubuntu-mate. This gui what is more friendly and many configuration settings.

1 Like

Aravisian .... your a busy busy man .... thanks for those great themes I haven't got to try any yet as I had a lot of housekeeping to do on Cinnamon but I'm almost done with that .....

41bbcbce0b13176ad4cfa9781a935f30

3 Likes

Aravisian ,,,, before I forget what is the link to your website again I apparently misplaced it somehow .... did a search on the board but it didn't turn up anything for me .... thanks ...

https://www.deviantart.com/aravisian

1 Like

Great the Green showed up ...I'm happy

1 Like

It looks like split pea soup... nine days old.

2 Likes

The zenith-orange-dark, has a type o. - Should be -
"sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-orange**-**dark "

3 Likes

In response to the Antares-icons....

Congrats, nice icons like how shiny they look. Seeing the action icons I guess you have put a lot of energy in this. You know I'm mostly not critical about what you bring on, but the "folder" icon (the most important one), don't know something is missing.

Btw once again I'm missing the weather icon. Looked in the apps folder and it's not there.

Think the Zorin Appearance symbolic icon also needs to be linked.

1 Like

We are different.:wink:
It's my favorite icon.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into the Weather and Zppearance icons, too.

Yep, good to be diff and sometimes critical, that's what keeps the creativity rolling.
Forgot to mention the foliate icon. The apps comes standard with Zorin Core, so would be nice to have its own icon.

com.github.johnfactotum.Foliate

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions - if you note any more icons, please list them.

I am confused... On all my tests, the Zorin Appearance App Icon shows properly.
Here is foliate:
foliate-example

The zorin-appearance icon is showing in the submenu SystemTools but on the mainmenu. I believe the zorin-appearance-symbolic is not set (yet).

Foliate is not present I have looked in the apps folder and as mentioned above the actual name for the icon to show is; com.github.johnfactotum.Foliate.

And of course It all works fine there is no hurry there, take your time.

I made the icon when you asked for it... But I have not yet uploaded it. The version numbers can climb quickly on a package and Icon sets are heavy object to lift... I usually do not rush to upload Icon Sets for one or two icons, but let a few changes build up first.
I have added to more icons and changed one...

The Zorin Appearance shows up properly on my Zorin Menu Lite.
I will need to log in on Gnome and see if I can find why on yours it is not showing.
Actually... I just may have figured it out, looking at your screenshot - I bet that is a symbolic icon...
I will make a Symbolic Zorin Appearance Icon and test that...

EDIT: I have uploaded an update - By the time you see this post, it should have made its way down the pipe.
If you could please run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade and test...

..upgraded and tested it. Working and showing just fine now - for me.

All except for the - org.gnome.Weather icon.
When I change to my icons (with the same name)- the icon changes, with your set it does not. I even copied and changed the name as present in my apps folder to; org.gnome.Weather (you do have a gnome-weather.svg icon). Tried to the resize the icon with inkscape to 64x64 but still it will not apply to the Antares set.

Mine;

Yours;

In my set, org.gnome.Weather.application is Symlinked to gnome-weather.
If you look in the symlinks in the folder, it should be there.
I just looked and I had entered in:
org.gnome.Weather.Application
Can you try testing on your end - change the "a" to Lower Case and then reload the icon set and see if the icon changes?

I have 5 icons now with diff names for the Weather icon, still no go.

Please, don't be upset because of the icons on the panel, they are just to visualize the little ones better. Yes, I do like your icons but I have changed them a little. Also for Dolphin. Dolphin file-manager lets you make a clear distinguish between document and root folder just by changing the name. You know my opinion about the traffic signs

The one a like the most is this one;
preferences-system
Great stuff..

I would never be upset by this. The whole point of theming - icons or desktop - is to encourage others to modify, tweak, create - make it their own. In fact, all my package README files state this: Users may take, modify, recreate and share. "Keep theming alive"

I will need to play with a copy of Zorin Core and see if I can Identify that Weather icon.

1 Like

Hmmm... the org.gnome.Weather.svg should have worked according to this: