Do games run well on Zorin OS?

ln -s/home/bourne/.steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Oblivion/Oblivion.exe/path/to/.steam/root/steamapps/compatdata/22330/pfx/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steam.exe
bash: błąd składni przy nieoczekiwanym znaczniku `('
bash fail command somewhere is mistake

elder4
You get this error.

Yes I recieve that error but don't know how to solve this. I tried to copy the exe to the oblivion folder but that isn't working either.

I also tried other soluttions but none of them are working. I'm giving up. :frowning:

Send me a pm, i have another solution but i will not discuss it here.

1 Like

Fixed.

I solved it by doing the following.
Install Wine
Install Steam
Install Oblivion with Proton 5.0-10
in terminal start "WINEPREFIX=/home/$USER/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/22330/pfx/ wine regedit" and create the registry.
The installation path should be: Z:\home\username\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\

Especially that \ at the end is a huge #$$@# because without it it won't work.

In Steam, go back to the properties of the Oblivion game and enter the following line under "General" at "launch options": "PROTON_NO_D3D11=1 PROTON_NO_D3D10=1 %command%

And voila...it starts up without any problems.

1 Like

I sayed he is smart a man @Michel.
When you digging a many solution searching on webside how this a game working he always win. @Michel is saint graal on this forum.

1 Like

He did it on his own, the solution on the internet here was correct only missing one small piece of -> \

And the "PROTON_NO_D3D11=1 PROTON_NO_D3D10=1 %command%" part.

1 Like

When on forum more people searching a problem and finding something and trying a help then solution coming a faster.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Free for limited of time on Steam

2 Likes

Thanks. Got him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is it?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ubuntugamingproject.blogspot.com/&ved=2ahUKEwicz7yWgtj0AhULRfEDHaGzBgQQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1G3b6_u3pXSIDIiTqCrURN

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Free for a limited of time on Gog

Yes yes yes yes, Michel,

Really looooooved this game. It is a great game I've played like 10 times on Linux runs like a madhouse.

2 Likes

On gog they even have a native linux version. Going to try that one tommorow. I played this game in the past on windows, liked it alot but lost the saves when i switched to linux :sweat_smile:.

Same style as the older commandos games which i loved the back in the late 90's begin 20's

I created a thread for giveaway -> Giveaway thread (Games/Applications)

1 Like

Well, I don't use Steam or Lutris.
Just installed in on Linux (guess it uses Wine) and played it.
And I do know the Commando's game. Played Commando's 2 HD Remastered so many times... gosh I loved it.

But have you tried Desperados 3, the one I mentioned while testing Zorin16Lite. The graphic are better and the characters are somehow the same, but it's all played in Western style, I love the slang they used in the game, even the music is great. Have it installed right know. Also played it like a dozen times, cant get enough. You can always use diff. tactics for clearing a level. It's from the same developers as Shadow Tactics.

Even though I don't have a PS4, I bought it to support the THnordic developers. Gave my sons to play. I'm waiting for their next game.

1 Like

That one is one of my favorites. A shame the remaster removed things.

No i have not

Hmmm maybe i should look if i have this game somewhere. Maybe i got it for free in the past i dont know. Last time i checked my epic games account i whas amazed how much free games i had listed. Every week they have giveaways but i never played them :joy:.

1 Like

I did not know they removed things while remastering it.

But if you played Shadow Tactics, you are gonna loooove Desperados 3.

It has 15 level. When you reach the half you get additional levels ( > 10) assignments to play. The characters are really great they added a new one, some voodoo lady with special skills. See for yourself on the desperados3 site. I played it at the desperados level, even "had" to play the final level without saving. that was... you know WOW.

Epic Games every Thursday have a free games.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.