Do games run well on Zorin OS?

I use Lutris and Steam, so yeah your correct.

I also checked your games, they should work under linux

The Elder Scrolls IV (gold status): https://www.protondb.com/app/22330
The Elder Scroll V (Gold/Platinum: https://www.protondb.com/search?q=The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20v

Great website. I will use it to check my gamelist on steam, origin, epic games and more. Thanks.

I just checked steam on protondb and all the games I play are on Platinum/gold. So that is good news.

2 Likes

I have a account on protondb and Lutris and connected it to my Steam-profile. Can you also connect other platforms to Lutris or Protondb?

I did not connect steam to Lutris but just used the steam client (.deb package) from their official site. Do NOT use steam flatpak from the software store, that one is difficult to use with custom proton versions. Lutris is handy for GoG games for sample, or for Epic Games or Origin or Ubisoft Connect.

Please read the tutorial, everything is listed there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have installed steam and Balders Gate runned like a charm. Oblivion was something different. When I started the game the "play" stayed grayed out. When I tried to start with Wine I recieved an error. Right now I have deleted everything (wine, steam, lutris ect) to start all over again to see if I didn't missed something.

Did you install a proton ? Sometimes you have to do this manually

Right click on the installed game and select config

Check compatability

Also make sure these 2 are installed

Everyone talking about Steam and Epic and so on.
Anyone never talking about games what using adobe flash player and when it finished supported then many developers in windows games created a launcher. This games not working on Linux because they are not wrote for linux operative systems. That is the diffrents. Corporation still hold a hand for some district.

I never played flash games and i really don't care about it either :sweat_smile:. If i am not wrong flash games can be played in the internet browser.

Wrong they need a launcher Adobe Flash Player isn't support on webbrowser from 2020.

I confirm you can play well in linux.

I have a few games that work well

Same. I have a standalone Flashplayer for Linux (flash_player_sa_linux.x86_64). Just open the game in it from File.
I swiped a bunch of the old Browser Flash games I used to kill some time with and saved them on my computer as .swf files.

Adobe flash player games are using on android platforms. Besides if you know people spend many money for this games. Why? You don't need a PC or laptop, thablet. Just a mobile. The example is popular game vikings war of clans. One from most expensive a games. This game working on Zorin. Some games not working because the corporation how many people will be playing this a game on this platform. I heard all time linux users are only 1% I cannot agree.

Extremely expensive, 2% strategy, 98% drama.

1 Like

:joy: hahaha

1 Like

Drama is how it works with plenty bugs and people playing that. I playing sometimes but how many people put a money and greed for donation linux developers very sad.

1 Like

Schermafdruk van 2021-12-07 21-30-31
To bad I still can't start the game. If you can see it's grayed out. :unamused:

Do you use Lutris or Steam ? Also what game is that 4 or 5 ?

No just steam with Proton and Steam Linux Runtime - Soldier as mentioned above. This is The elders scrolls 4.

Try the gloriouseggroll proton.

Some games might require a lower proton version.

I played the older gta games (gta 3). On the 6.20 they work fine but they dont work with 6.21.

The what? Is that also a part of Steam? Or do I have install it seperatly?