Does Zorin OS Do Telemetry?

Hello,
After watching a video from the YouTube channel “Switched To Linux”
I wanted to know what kind of telemetry does zorin do. I know about the census and have disabled it during the installation itself, any more kinds of telemetry packages or something ?

I just wanted to know, definitely going to be way less than what windows does :crazy_face:

Does this help?

Seems like the article is a bit old, but I get the point. Have never used any zorin os version other than 15.3 and in all of them whenever I get an option about the census I opt-out. Searching the Zorin OS Census package in synaptic reports that it has not been installed. Other than the census, is there any thing else?

Searching for the anonymous identifier in /var/lib/zorin-os-census/uuid
does not give any result in thunar (it does not exist)

So, if during the installation a user unchecked the census option it will completely remove everything related to telemetry?

I think @AZorin will have to answer that.

1 Like

@AZorin Searching for the anonymous identifier in /var/lib/zorin-os-census/uuiddoes not give any result in thunar (it does not exist)

So, if during the installation a user unchecked the census option it will completely remove everything related to telemetry?

I love zorin os, infact the best xfce experience I have ever had. Just wanted to know :smiley:

Selecting the “Don’t participate in the census” option in the installer will remove the zorin-os-census package fully, which disables it completely. This option was added in Zorin OS 15.2, which was released a couple of weeks after the article linked above was published.

The census doesn’t send any personal data, and we don’t collect any other information from the OS.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Just love zorin os 15.3 :smiley:

2 Likes