Downloaded Zorin 16

Yes the USB stick - if you have no other USB sticks plugged in, just press OK on the Unetbootin installer.

You probably can temporarily unplug the Scanner USB just to be sure... If you do this, restart Unetbootin.

There is 4 USB slots on the FRONT of my machine the 16GB is sitting in the top slot.

Oh i see said the blind man!!

1 Like

working problem

Okay so now the question with the 3 little dots, when i open it hard to find any directory for the ISO file. I will load up an example next

directory

I unplugged scanner USB so only one drive to choose from now. /dev/sdb1

1 Like

Ok in the screenshot above, you see a Disk Icon with /
Double click that.
Then doubleclick /HOME
The next option should be the only option and is the directory with your user name. Double click that...
Next is your /home/Downloads folder, so move down to Downloads and doubleclick it
Finally, you have arrived at your destination - use the steppers on your scrollbar if you need, slide to the Zorin OS .iso file and doubleclick it.

Once done, the UnetBootin Window will then show it in the emptry space (Entry window) in front of the ... button.
At this point click "OK" and the familiar (now) process of etching the drive will begin.

sucess1

1 Like

scanning

1 Like

Fingers crossed, it was done correctly this time. So I will be able to simply boot from usb

You are rockin' and rollin' now.
Break out the Bob Seger.

Forum message displayed to me just now:

Let others join the conversation. This topic is clearly important to you ā€“ you've posted more than 25% of the replies here. It could be even better if you gave other people space to share their points of view, too. Can you invite them over?

I think Discourse just called me a ThreadHog. :expressionless:

1 Like

finish

1 Like

Iā€™m chatting from phone just installing Zorin 16 now.

I choose to have the Zorin 12.4 available as a second system on boot up.

I need to be able to access data from previous system

All worked out now just need to move some data over via USB.

Reinstall drivers for brother scanner and printer. Other things in general. OS seems snappy so far, well see how it handles social media.

1 Like

Some difficulties installing driver for brother scanner. I will have to take my time working through this the main thing is that i still have the old operating system for the meantime

Ive noticed youtube videos in particular load faster then Zorin 12

Anyone have any suggestions for the scanner driver problem?

The notification pop up suggests:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Sometimes these prompts can be pretty helpful. In terminal, run the above command. It may produce no output.
Once done, can you try restarting gnome-software and installing the package again?

Please explain what you mean by this?

I am running the command you suggested and now I will close everything and open the package to install again.

1 Like