Dpkg: error processing package install-info (--configure): installed install-info package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127 Errors were encountered while processing: install-info E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an

Ok, but before i do the sudo nano thing, for future ref, can you show me how I go from the open root terminal to launching my preferred file manger please?

In the open terminal, elevate to Root:

sudo -i

Then in that same open terminal (Which should now show its home path as root)
Type your file manager name to launch it.
Zorin OS Core:

nautilus

Zorin OS Lite:

thunar

I use Nemo FM so:

nemo

oK, as easy as that. I have oft wondered how to do it -thx
Have deleted everything now save for the first line.
Now trying the PPA again.

1 Like

Bingo, PPA is working- hopefully it should run smooth from here on it. Thx very much, as always, your sheer brilliance amazes me.
Just a thought though, when I do next use my proxy- - - have I beggared everything up there now?

EDIT UPDATE_ Unitootin is installed and working - ta very much

1 Like

Wish I had known sooner that you needed that...:stuck_out_tongue:
Add

export HTTP_PROXY="[username]:[password]@[proxy-web-or-IP-address]:[port-number]"
export HTTPS_PROXY="[username]:[password]@[proxy-web-or-IP-address]:[port-number]"
export FTP_PROXY="[username]:[password]@ [proxy-web-or-IP-address]:[port-number]"
export NO_PROXY="localhost,127.0.0.1,::1"

To your home ~/.profile file...

Wish I had thought of it sooner~

1 Like

Anyway, 'tis done, see what happens when next I light the Lantern.
Again, many, many thks.
P

1 Like

Zorin did not like the change we made to profile, threw up a generic error. Reversed the changes, started fine. Will come back that later when I need Lantern next

Did you replace [username]:[password] and [proxy-web-or-IP-address] as well as :[port-number] with the actual values rather than the generic stand ins used above?

No, that's why i took it out rather than fiddle with it.
I need to go back on line fire up Lantern and check their details and right now, I am short of time~
It was low priority.
I had this guy breathing down my neck to set up his machine.
But, we achieved my aim, so again, job well done.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.