Dual Boot ended up in a big mess

I gave up trying to keep Boot records separated. It is my understanding putting Linux BootRec in with Windows boot record is. if one goes down both are down, is that correct? Anyway did it 337harvey way and works like a charm.
Over on Ubuntu and on UTube they are several articles step by step doing it the other way. I would like to know why the Ubuntu group can do it. Is it a Zorin thing? I was going to use EasyBCD but they put a flag to catch GPT disk and would gray out Linux. I converted my disk back to MBR and I could created a Dual Boot menu. As soon as I went back to GPT something deleted the 2nd entry the Linux boot record. This was the free version, I don't know if the paid master version worked or not. They are many U tuber's demonstration how to and they were not getting flagged.
I really don't think it created a boot record, cause I could F12 into Motherboard Bios section and Ubuntu boot would be listed. When I selected it Zorin could not boot up it would finally give me some grub message. When you say to disable Fast Boot I found out their are Two fast boots. One in Windows 10 and one built into the motherboard. It is my understanding the one to be sure to disable is the Windows one. The motherboard one does something different.......
Thanks to all of you for the help. On to the Zebra printer driver problems.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.