Erased my sound-zorin 16 core

help!!! While removing games from my download of zorin 16 core , i removed (somehow, don't know how) my sound from it !!! how do i get it back ???

Don't panic.
Firstly, how did you removed them? Commands, Synaptic, Gnome software center?
Have you tried to re-install the games?

Also try:

sudo apt install --reinstall pulseaudio alsa-base

The log file is:
/var/log/dpkg.log So, to see the removed software:
grep "remove " /var/log/dpkg.log

1 Like

thank you , very,very, very much. as a 70 year-old computer rookie i find i am always relieing on the kindness of strangers. i will try this .

i thank you for your responce; however i don't understand what you said. i'm a 70 yr. old rookie !!! when i get it fixed i'll let you know how it worked out. thank you , however .

I consider myself living evidence that a person is never too old to learn.

You can open a terminal with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+t or by selecting it from the app menu.
Highlight and copy this:

grep "remove " /var/log/dpkg.log

And paste it directly into the terminal either with Right Click or with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+v
Hit enter and then scroll down to the applicable date period in which you removed the software you want to restore to see which software was removed.
Or
You can copy the entire output and use Pastebin to relay it here for us to help you search.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.