Error while trying to move an application to Desktop

I am trying to move an application to desktop but it's giving me the following error:
DesktopError

I am able to create a link but when I try to launch it, I get this pop up box each time, which is somewhat inconvenient:
AnnoyingPopup
What is the proper way to move an application to Desktop? I have searched on Google but can't really find that much information pertaining to Zorin OS specifically. I read this post from the old Zorin forum that suggested disconnecting from the internet and using the chown command but that didn't work either and I don't know what else to do. I did try to search up the problem before asking the question here, because I know that can be annoying to some people, but I did not find much information and the things I did find and tried did not work.

This is what the application looks like, I have never seen an icon like this before, but it's definitely executable because I have used it, but the best I can do for now is have the application in a folder on my Desktop:
J1M

Thanks.

In your file manager, you can set your preferences.
Click the hamburger icon, then Preferences. Under the Behavior tab, move to Executable text files and select your preferred action.

Gnome D.E. (which Zorin Core uses) disallows Icons on the desktop. Zorin OS includes an extension to override that, but the extension may not be working correctly.
What happens if you try moving the file to ~/Documents?

From what Folder or Path You want to move this File to the Desktop? And what is this File in Detail? I hope the Question is not to private.

Is there a way I can fix the extension if it's not working? I'm guessing the OS comes with it pre installed? I was able to move it to documents without any issues.

I put the executable file in a folder on my desktop, but the file itself cannot be moved from its folder to my desktop, it just doesn't allow me to. I tried chmod too but to no avail.

You can try reinstalling it, first:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

Did You try to copy the File with the Terminal and sudo?

What else ... You should try the Thing what @Aravisian wrote.

If that not work ... You could install the Desktop Icons NG Gnome Extension and turn off the Zorin Desktop Icons Extension. Maybe that could help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.