Evolution, Thunderbird, or BlueMail?

OK, I have another poll for you. Which email client do you prefer? Evolution, Thunderbird or BlueMail (the one that I use - though I'm not biased or anything)

• Evolution
  • Thunderbird
  • BlueMail

0 voters

As usual, please respect other's opinions here.

1 Like

Geary for me.

I first came across Geary in my brief venture with elementary OS. It made me feel ill as it reminded me too much of Outlook365!

When I found Thunderbird I think I was still using windoze 7. I just wanted a separate email client from the MS one. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could still use it when I switched to Linux. It does what I need it to do so I haven't seen any reason to try anything else.

I actually kinda forgot about Geary. So sorry about that.

No problem. It's a simple app and it does the most necessary and nothing more. That's why I like it, and its clean look of cause :slight_smile:

I use Evolution myself

I've spent the last year trying to get myself over to Thunderbird where there's more development happening, but I always end up back on Evolution.

Mostly this is because I am heavy in the Microsoft ecosystem for work, and that means Exchange for mail and calendaring. Thunderbird has add-ons that can allow for this, but they're a bit janky and limited, while Evolution's EWS support is top-notch.

Over the last year, especially running that Flatpak version of Evolution so I'm always on the latest version, I've gone from just putting up with Evolution to legitimately loving it. The latest updates that introduce header bars, go a long way to making it looking like a modern application, too.

1 Like

I don't have experience with them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.