Experimental Icons <-- Playground

I'm trying to think out of the box when it comes to this icon theme. What do you think? What should such icon theme be named?

5 Likes

Call it Astro Dimension

1 Like

PiP (Picture in Picture)

1 Like

@Aravisian if you ever get time, can you make a GTK theme for this one? Only if you want ofcause :slight_smile:

Icon colors are -
Main color: 29292aff
Secondary color: bde6fbff

I was thinking something flat and square, nothing fancy.

Astro Dimension. I like that!

1 Like

It looks like it would need a light theme...

1 Like

Only the background, the bar and side can be dark.

1 Like

Let me see what I can conceptualize. Light and dark together in gtk3 works ok, but in gtk2 it can be a bit of a pain.

2 Likes

hank you very much. I'll really appreciate that. :slight_smile:

Can you mega me a sample of the icons? This way I can measure them against backgrounds.

1 Like

Sure. Hanh on...I'm fighting with Findus over the keyboard...

1 Like

Put catnip on the mouse.

2 Likes

What is this color? It doesn't work as a Hex on any color picker I try...
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out...

2 Likes

It's from inkscape. You can remove the two last letter "ff"

1 Like

No, the sidebar would have to be light too, unless you are planning on inverting the symbolic icons...

1 Like

Okay, didn't knew that.

1 Like

If they are symbolic, .svg... I may be able to use the .css color property.
Really... the best way to know is to have a fuller icon set at the ready to test against.
I will lay the groundwork for light and a semi-dark variants... Then complete the project choosing one once your icon set is ready for testing.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan. I'm in! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The dark folders with only that lighten icon makes me think they are briefly being illuminated by lighting coming through the window so... Electric Light? Electric Storm? Not very creative myself, but I do like the icons!

2 Likes

If you play the game, or watch the game played on Youtube called "Control," there's a lot of juicy content that you can get from the game. When I saw your icon set, it made me think that the Astro plane was projecting from its dimension into ours.

Control was a game that was obviously made with deep story in it, almost as if it was a game made from a previous novel. Which it could have been for all I know, I haven't checked but, not many games have as much story in it as Control does.

I am glad you liked my name recommendation. Astro dimension, you could also use Astro Projection as well. Either would do honestly.

1 Like