Failed to parse WDG Method

So I checked and my BIOS was updated

Does this help?

Dell XPS 13 7390 BIOS version 1.19.0
Your BIOS is currently the highest version.

What is your terminal output of

uname -r

5.15.0-50-generic

For a machine manufactured in 2020, the 5.15 kernel should be fine.
hmmm

Do you have any troubles on the OS once fully booted?

Nothing major, Just like the wifi dropping out and now only connecting with proton VPN turned on. The touchscreen behaves differently on either brave or firefox, the finger swipe on the trackpad is gone and when I flip the screen over to tablet mode it has that line cutting the fast-moving images on videos in half and now I have litterly the word applications spelled out in my taskbar next to the application button and I cant seem to get rid of it.
So lots of little things but apart from that it works fine.

I just run the get-update cmd and this is what I got:

Get:18 Index of /ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 Packages [2 158 kB]
Fetched 3 123 kB in 5s (657 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A8580BDC82D3DC6C
W: Failed to fetch https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/dists/stable/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A8580BDC82D3DC6C
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

You can remove the Brave Browser Repository as it is broken.

sudo -i

nautilus

In the now elevated open File Manager, navigate to
etc/apt/sources.list.d
Locate the files for Brave Browser and remove them.

In terminal you can type exit or just close out the File Manager and the Terminal Window (It will warn that an active process is running that will close if you close the terminal).

Re-add the Brave Browser repo and key:

On Topic...
I am not sure what to make of the Failed to Parse error. There are many things that can cause that, many of which are benign.
You have the Lots of Little things- I'd like to take a moment to see if there is a general flaw there or ... if lots of little solutions are needed.

1 Like

After I entered nautilus i cant find the location you suggested?!?

sudo -i
root@R2D2:~# nautilus

** (org.gnome.Nautilus:60174): WARNING **: 13:28:16.493: Unable to get contents of the bookmarks file: Error opening file /root/.gtk-bookmarks: No such file or directory

** (org.gnome.Nautilus:60174): WARNING **: 13:28:16.493: Unable to get contents of the bookmarks file: Error opening file /root/.gtk-bookmarks: No such file or directory
Nautilus-Share-Message: 13:28:31.947: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: Failed to execute child process “net” (No such file or directory)

Nautilus is funny this way...
I use Nemo File manager because to reach root, I just tap the Up Arrow on the toolbar twice. :neutral_face:

In Nautilus, on the left side (pane) you will see "Other locations"
Click that
Then click "Computer"
and now you will see Root Directory, including the /etc directory. From there, you can click your way to success.

These warnings are normal. Those files are stored in ~Home and since you elevated to Root, it cannot see the files since they are in your user Home folder, not in the Root Home folder.

1 Like

Ok, I am in the root directory but nothing here says brave?

Double click the directory named apt from within etc.
Within apt, double click the folder named sources.list.d
You should see the Repo Files for Brave Browser in that folder.

You must be giggling away on your end, :slight_smile: thanks for your help.

No, actually. I deal with the Unfamiliar often enough, I know too well how it feels.

Besides, it's nice to actually know the answer to a question right off the bat. :wink:

1 Like

Very True. Is there anything else I can do to fix all these errors I am getting mentioned above? Or do I need a new laptop. I remember when I bought it it was refurbished and even dell support was like, sorry we can't help.

It may take some time.
Currently, I am looking into Graphics related issues (I have litterly the word applications spelled out in my taskbar next to the application button and I cant seem to get rid of it.) and (cutting the fast-moving images on videos in half)
Tocuhscreen is notorious...

Amazing thank you!

Returning to:

Interestingly, this started the video with no sound and once I plugged my headphones in it was back. When I flip the screen over it doesn't transition into tablet mode anymore.

Hi Aravisian, just wondering if there are any more tests I can run to solve the other issues I have mentioned above.?

Do the above noted issues have their own threads? If so, can you link to them?
If not, can you create a thread for each issue?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.