Final questions about upgrades

I asked a question earlier today about the upgrade path going from Zorin OS 17 Pro to Zorin OS 18 (and/or Zorin 18 Pro). Suppose I download the core Zorin OS 17 ISO and I install that, and I want to buy Zorin OS 17 Pro after making sure everything is OK. How would that work? Would I have to install the Pro ISO over the core ISO? Or would the upgrade center still offer an option for me to upgrade to the Pro version (and download the files needed to make it the "pro" version)? If I go this route, would I still be able to download the actual pro ISO separately and back it up on a bootable USB stick? Sorry for all the questions, and thanks.

1 Like

You can upgrade to pro via Zorin upgrader

1 Like

Yes, you can download a copy of the Pro .iso file sent to your email.
You can also request a new copy if you accidentally deleted your email notification.

As mentioned, you can use the Zorin Upgrader to Upgrade from Zorin OS 15 to Zorin OS 16. Once the ZorinGroup officially announces the release of the Zorin Upgrader for the Now Released Zorin OS 17, you can safely use the Zorin Upgrader to upgrade to Zorin OS 17 from 16.
If you choose Pro, this option will also appear in the Upgrader tool. in my case, it shows Lite since I am using Zorin OS Lite:
upgrader

If you are on Zorin OS 16.3 and choose Zorin OS 17 Pro, you can upgrade directly to 17 Pro.
If you choose to upgrade to Zorin OS 17 Core, then later decide to upgrade to Pro, you can launch the Upgrader and select to upgrade to Pro and it will redirect you to the Zorin OS Pro purchase page.

1 Like

Thank you for the excellent reply.

1 Like

Any idea when Zorin OS 17 pro upgrade will be ready? I own 16.3 Pro, bought 17 pro and am just waiting to upgrade my daily driver (16.3 Pro).

1 Like

I am not a Zorin OS Developer so I do not know the timeframes at this time.
I, too, am awaiting the release of Zorin OS 17 Lite.:wink:

1 Like

Understood. Thanks anyway for the reply. I always appreciate your insight and input.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.