Fingerprint on Zorin OS 16 Pro doesn't work - Lenovo Yoga 370

Hi all,

I have installed Zorin OS 16 Pro dual boot with Windows 11. Unfortunately i have problem with my fingerprint device, the fingerprint option doesn't appear in User Setting. Seemingly, it doesn't work (on Windows 11 it's not problem). I have executed command:

sudo pam-auth-update

and checked the Fingerprint authentication option and reboot the machine, but the fingerprint option still not appear.

Can you help me to solve the problem.

Thanks

Fingerprint support was introduced in zorin 15 sometime, around Ubuntu 17/18. It has been slowly adding devices, by like many things in Linux, additions have taken time. More devices are supported now, but not all. I'm going to do a little research and hopefully I'll be able to find you a solution, but no promises.

Welcome to the forum.

I have two possible solutions for you.

https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-how-to-install-a-fingerprint-reader-on-lenovo-thinkpad/

Use the Ubuntu 20.04 installation.

If that doesn't work, you could try:

Scroll down and you will see installation for Ubuntu systems... use that repository.

For future reference, zorin 16 is based on Ubuntu 20.04.

2 Likes

Hi Harvey, thanks for your help. It's Work.

I use the guidance from your second link:

Appreciate, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Glad I could help. We look forward to seeing you often here. Maybe as you learn in your journey into linux you could help others with their journey.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.