Fingerprint sensor on HP ProBook 450 G8 Notebook PC

Hi! I have installed Zorin OS 16 Core on my HP ProBook 450 G8 Notebook PC, and there is a fingerprint sensor on my laptop and it works fine on windows. But I didn't see anything about Fingerprint authorization. Is there any drivers or and thing I need to install to get my fingerprint sensor work?

Thank you!

2 Likes

actually even in my Dell 7577 Laptop fingerprint sensor doesn't work. It perfectly works on Windows .
For my laptop Goodix is the fingerprint provider... and their drivers are mostly supported for Windows platform. Check if you have the same fingerprint provider

Did you try this?
https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/session-fingerprint.html.en

2 Likes

Many fingerprint scanners are a hit or miss, especially if they're from Goodix. Goodix don't provide any driver for their fingerprints scanners, so you most likely won't be able to fix it.

1 Like

Hello @Miracle and welcome to the Zorin Forum! It's always GREAT when newcomers arrive as it helps in the growth of the community as well as helps us all become more knowledgeable in Linux and how to solve new issues that may come to light. Plus assist Team Zorin as they work on the next Zorin OS for future users.

Please take the time to use the search function above as well as the Tutorials and Guides to see if your issues has already been addressed before. It helps the Mods and others to focus on new issues as they all do for their love of Zorin and out of their Free time.

Here is a link that may help Fingerprint Sensor not Working

3 Likes

Hi there!
I have just read that link and here is the thing:
Zorin or Debian that I previous used just... wont detect my finger print sensor and lsusb and lspci gives nothing. Here is the output for reference:

1 Like

You might try these steps, on the mint forum they pointed a user to this page

1 Like

It seems that it is my fault... The fingerprint sensor on my PC is called Elan Microelectronics Corp. ELAN:ARM-M4(I found it from reading lsusb)
... But I still don't know how to add support for it

The sensor is still not working....

This device does not appear to be supported in Linux, currently:

1 Like

Marked solution. 243

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.