- ThinkPad P51
- Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz × 8
- NVIDIA Corporation GM206GLM [Quadro M2200 Mobile] / Quadro M2200/PCIe/SSE2
- Slow and fine tochpad movements are still too fast relative to the fast movement. It’s (only relatively) hard to hit the X to close an application.
- Touchpad scrolling stops immediately when you release your fingers. There is no nudge possible. If that worked, everything would feel a whole lot smoother.
- I toggled the Bluetooth key on my keyboard (ThinkPad P51) but it only stayed in the off position and always noticed me about that.
1. Then in the Bluetooth menu I could turn it on with a mouse click on the toggle button, but when I turned it off again, the toggle button stayed in the on-position, but bluetooth was off.
- The scroll key of the ThinkPad P51 keyboard, the key between the upper right and left keys, is not recognised. It would provide to hold that key and then scroll with simple finger up and down movement on the touchpad.
- The fan is always slightly on, also while writing this document, with nothing else open. In Windows the fan would be completely silent. I’m not sure if it’s the CPU or GPU.
- I installed Zorin 16 Core firstly without Nvidia Drivers, then installed them afterwards (recommendation popped up), namely: NVIDIA Driver Version: 470.86
- It feels good enough, but slightly more laggy than on Windows. (Moving windows around, scrolling websites up and down, Google Earth Web Version on Firefox (slightly better on Chrome))
- During installation from USB drive:
- When I was is the partion menu, I went back, but that took a while (15 seconds maybe)
- A few time the selected fields (radio buttons etc.) didn’t select on the first click
- This happened also in the already installed OS.
- Dual-Boot (GNU GRUB) selection of OS is very laggy. (I have only BIOS, no UEFI, selecting in the BIOS menu is faster than GNU GRUB Bootloader)
- When I opened the calender on the bottom right corner and I simultaneously want to scrol a website on my browser, I firstly have to close the calender overlay. BUT it works, when a explorer windows is in the foreground. In Windows I would be able to scroll anyway. (They have a special on-off option for that.)
- Connectivity Checking option should be off by default, we are Linux users.
I really love this Distribution. Thanks a lot! I hope this project grows a lot. I wish you guys a lot of success.