Found a New Package Manager

While searching for a new Writer apt yesterday I ran across this apt called Muon Package Manager .... simple to use and it deleted about 20 apps left-over when I uninstalled KDE and this was after I used .....

sudo apt-get remove --purge (package name)

Screenshots of Muon .... very simple to use ....

Anyway it worked for me but your experience maybe different ....

3 Likes

Calling @JeffK969 , is this the Linux Mint Package Manager that you had asked about previously?

1 Like

I mentioned about this package manager already in another of your (Frog's) thread. KDE has created clones of all popular utilities. Like this one is of Synaptic.

1 Like

Nope... The one I had asked about was more like the common Software Manager style, not like Synaptic. Basically, like the one they use on Mint. Mint store has
things than Ubuntu doesn't. USB formatter as an example (Mint Stick). Which I've been meaning to install, from FrenchPresses recommendation...

1 Like

Ah, you must be referring to mintinstall software manager, then.

1 Like

I install it but haven tried it yet as all my USB Sticks have been reformatted already ....

How to get to the Mint Store ???? .... I would love to go there and poke around .....

Well after doing DDG search it appears I have to install Mint via bootable TD and try Mint to get access to their store ..... unless anyone else has any ideas ....

1 Like

I've been waiting to see if there were any responses because I'm also curious...lol
Guess you can't, dang....

1 Like

is muon the one from kde neon? i think so...

Yes. It is from KDE..

Mintinstall

http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/main/m/mintinstall/mintinstall_8.0.9_all.deb

Mintstick
http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/main/m/mintstick/mintstick_1.4.6_all.deb

If your browser refuses to open the links, use copy and paste & Go...

1 Like

BTW... Thanks to both Aravisian and FrenchPress for this...
Greatly appreciate you both.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.