Gaming Zorin OS 16 Pro

Wait I asking about proton and Lutris if I have bought a game on steam but this game is for windows and I am using this game on linux then they are cracked if I using software proton and Lutris?
I don't asked on any software for cracking or cracking websides.
My english is very a bad to difficult to understand?
Yes in bios i can change speed fan.

Truth is, I really don't know how Proton works. All I know is its a compatibility layer API, I don't have enough information to tell you how Proton works sorry. There are other's who are experts on Proton I am sure, but I am not one of them.

2 Likes

Bourne, since you seem to be interested in gaming, here's a gaming update...

I bought 2 new games yesterday.

(CONTROL)
(DIRT RALLY 2.0)

Control plays perfectly out of the box using version 5 of Proton. I haven't discovered any bugs, glitches of any kind. Control is heavy on hardware, so even with my amazing machine, I wasn't expecting to get 60-FPS with everything maxed out in 4K resolution.

I was getting 40-FPS Maxed out. I have the resolution set to 4K, and the rendering set to 1080P. I got textures set to ULTRA, and texture filtering set to HIGH. Most other settings are set to medium, and I am getting a solid 60-FPS, which is all I need for a 60-hertz TV.

Dirt Rally 2.0 also launches and runs well with version 5 Proton. But as I seem to be experiencing with all EA games, I have issues connecting to their servers. But what is worse, the game isn't able to detect gamepad controllers! This I consider a serious issue!

I tried an official Xbox360 wireless controller connected via wired, but not even Steam could pick that up in BIG PICTURE MODE. So then I tried a Voyaee wired controller, and Steam was able to detect it and utilize it just fine.

However, Dirt Rally 2.0 was never able to detect the controller. And if you've ever tried to play a racing game via a keyboard, I can tell you right now, its a horrible experience, and this game is certainly no exception there.

However, the good news is, I can run this game completely maxed out settings including 4K resolution, and I am easily getting 60 FPS Vsync locked for TV refresh rate! So great performance overall.

I just got done putting in this report to ProtonDB. Usually they have to review the report before they publish it for the public. But I am really hoping that Proton can fix this.

Dirt Rally 2.0 what I remember I have originally when I bought a graphic cards or motherboard. Then there was a cd plate. I must checked my old box with cd. I playing some games. I have many on epic never played. In summer every thursday is free a game.

I saw is many a games on Linux full compatibility. I can playing with them. Besides I want more discovered linux inside.

If you use proton or lutris for games that you bought, that is not applying a crack. There are some games with heavy Digital Rights Management (DRM) or anti-cheat functions that will not run on Linux.

Valve -the company behind steam- is currently working actively with game developers to find a solution for these, possibly offering Linux friendly alternatives. They do this for their upcoming steampall console, which also runs Linux. So they are motivated to make it work.

Whether games in general will or will not run is still a matter of trying them out. Steam offers a setting to try and use Proton for any title. Lutris also has various community created scripts for many games that handle the installation of the game and setup for Wine.

Does that answer your question?

I suggest also checking out “Linux for everyone”, a podcast/website/YouTube channel that frequently covers whether specific titles run on Linux, as well as Linux gaming developments. (In addition to general Linux tips, hardware, developments, etc. Zorin OS 16 was also recently covered. ) The host, Jason, is enthusiastic and fun to listen to. I highly recommend.

1 Like

On channel youtube I have little in my primary a language. "Świat Linuksa". That why I saw on this channel many distribution working perfectly. That why also I am back to Zorin with hope it will working without problems in next a years.
Linux is more popular now. I find this channel what you wrote and taken to my favorite list on webbrowser.