General Help

Good day everyone. I have been on a search for a new OS. Currently I am a Win 10 and chromebook user. My laptop is 1 generation off so I can't update to Win 11 so support and updates will end for me. I gave been switching over to chromebook, which is fine for me (not a gamer) Also bought a second hand printer for my printer didn't work with Chome OS. Then come to find out that my chromebook will no longer be supported as of June 2025. So I have been searching the net and came across Zorin OS 16 Pro and fell in love with it watching many many videos. How long does support and updates last with Zorin? Also what happens when updates stop for current OS. Will there be options to upgrade to a latest OS that will continue to receive Updates?

I do apologize for the long winded mesage.

1 Like

Security and Updates will last on Zorin OS 16 until April 2025. However, you will be able to upgrade to Zorin OS 17 long before then. The average release time is around a year and 8 months. Zorin OS 16 Core was only recently released, so off hand guess that the next release of Zorin OS will be in 2023.
The next release will be supported until April 2027.

Yes. ZorinGroup is also developing a Direct Upgrade path that will allow users to upgrade to the next release without having to Reinstall.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh Taz, you came over to our little oh Zorin Group, and you even bought PRO and supported the dev's, how did you get to be so stellar? :star2: Yes you are! HAHA. I love hearing positive stories from wonderful folks like you.

Yes worry not Taz, Zorin OS is gonna be supported by wickedly awesome updates for forever. Ok well, not really forever, till 2025 like Aravisian pointed out. But, just as Aravisian said, there will be an upgrade system in place long before then to allow you to upgrade to OS 17, isn't that just stellar? I know, just like you hehe.

I am glad you are having loads of fun on Zorin OS 16. Its stories like you that make me want to get out of bed in the morning. Alright, let us know if you need any help in the future, were always a thread away. No literally, were like in almost every thread on the forum.

HAHA

StarTreker

yoda
Your Silly Tech
Support Guru

2 Likes

That is so awesome to hear that I am able to continue updating when the time comes. I will gladly pay the Pro version price everyone. Saves me from shelling out hundreds and hundreds of dollars to buy a new laptop just to have Win 11. I AM SOLD ON ZORIN. I will be a proud Zorin OS user later this week.

1 Like

Awesome response. Now I am going to look around the help section to see if/how to install either my Canon or HP printer.

1 Like

I got another awesome response for you that you might like. It goes a little something like this.

Click on the Zorin :zorin: logo at the bottom left of your screen.

Then click on settings. Scroll till you see PRINTERS, click on that.

Now you will see this screen, and this is where the printer magic happens.

Now all you have to do is click ADD to add your printer. Zorin will search for your printer, and if it finds it as easy as it found mine, your going to be setup in no time!

mickey mouse magic GIF

1 Like

Man oh man. Star Treker you are on a roll today. Lol. Thanks for the step by step, I was just finishing reading it up from the help section. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Your very welcome! I like to help people, and I like to entertain as well. Glad to know I am at the very least efficient? I hope you timed me with your stop watch. Alright, good luck there buddy. I appreciate the kind words.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 275