Getting my head wrapped around how to use Zorin

Thanks Luca, I will check out Text Editor to see if its a good alternative to WordPad.

1 Like

Many thanks swarfendor437. So good to know that there are alternativeS! MS isn't the end all be all for sure.

1 Like

Zowie Mr. Magoo! You are soooo far ahead of me! If I could download YOU onto my computer I'm sure you would have it sorted out ASAP. But since the reality is that I need to do this myself - so I understand and am comfortable with what I have. I think I am over complicating this entire procedure. I need to go back to ONE STEP at a time. (a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single footstep)
Thanks for the insights that inspire.

1 Like

Excellent insight - "the Gnome DE as it's very similar to windows desktop" AlBucko! That helps me to keep a focus where I need it to be (more Windows than Mac).

"dont hesitate to ask questions, even if you think their silly," I learned many years ago that the only 'silly' question was one that the asker already knew the answer! I've been bold ever since - can't learn if one limits the input :wink:.

There is something sooo tempting about having my 'computer' (OS/files) on a USB stick! Being independent from Corpse-ate manufactures and their dictates grabs me. Having that as isolated from the $ucking net trolls sounds fabulous too. Now to achieve that . . .

2 Likes

337harvey you are so inspiring :kissing_smiling_eyes:. I am starting to see that I need to 1) begin very slow and basic, 2) really understand this OS a bit better and 3) tackle elements - like USB issues - individually and without over taxing this forum too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Chatting with all of you dear fellows encourages and humbles me. Thanks to you.

1 Like

Actually KDE is nearer to Windows than Gnome. Zorin have themed Gnome to look like Windows. In KDE I can change the default for a Tiled Menu like Windows 10. Feren OS has a panel with centralised shortcuts similar to Windows 11 by default.

I've only been using Linux for 8 months and have no intention of becoming an expert. In fact, my goal is to use it in the simplest way possible while looking nice.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.